Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I enable turbo for a game that has native controller support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I enable turbo for a game that has native controller support?

The game in question has native controller support. How can I enable those native buttons to be turbo through ReWASD? Thanks in advance.

Whenever I map the gamepad for a game that already has native controller support, the controller just stops working. There seems to be no way to disable the native controller support either.

Edit:

Solution: some games only accept a specific virtual gamepad mapping. Depending on the game, you might need to set up an Xbox 360 virtual controller or an Xbox One virtual controller mapping and so on.

To do this, under the gamepad layout on reWASD, there is a wand type icon. Click it to choose a virtual controller mapping such as Xbox 360, etc.
    Last edited by Legalfirepower; 16.04.2021, 00:19.

The purpose of reWASD is to hide the physical controller once the remap is started.
    When the remap starts, this means that the virtual controller was created instead.
    Thus, there is no need to do anything extra except adjusting the config (adding turbo for the keys needed).
    Once the config is applied and the game is launched, it should detect the reWASD virtual controller as the main one, depending on a gamepad support by the game (you can select the virtual controller type Xbox 360/Xbox One/DualShock4), thus, if you use mappings with turbo, they will be reproduced in the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      The purpose of reWASD is to hide the physical controller once the remap is started.
      When the remap starts, this means that the virtual controller was created instead.
      Thus, there is no need to do anything extra except adjusting the config (adding turbo for the keys needed).
      Once the config is applied and the game is launched, it should detect the reWASD virtual controller as the main one, depending on a gamepad support by the game (you can select the virtual controller type Xbox 360/Xbox One/DualShock4), thus, if you use mappings with turbo, they will be reproduced in the game.

Thank you so much! This was exactly what I imagined reWASD would do! However, I am not getting this expected effect, lol. So I infer that I must be doing something horribly, horribly incorrect. I just have to figure it out. Thanks so much for confirming that this was how it's supposed to work. At the least, I know I am not insane.

Comment

The corresponding articles for the features explained were provided.

You can also test the config at this website before entering the game:
        https://gamepad-tester.com

You are welcome!

Comment

The corresponding articles for the features explained were provided.

You can also test the config at this website before entering the game:
          https://gamepad-tester.com

You are welcome!
          Omfg, I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden everything is working just as -intended- perfectly. I guess you confirming how this thing was supposed to work somehow fixed my malfunction. Major thanks again.

If anyone has a similar problem, make sure that you have the mapping ON before you start the game. This seems to be my issue (which I don't know how I would have missed it given how many times I have worked to resolve the issue).

Anyway, be sure that the mapping is on before you start your game/application.

Comment

That's great news. Thank you for the feedback, we'll take a note out of it!

Comment

That's great news. Thank you for the feedback, we'll take a note out of it!
              Just a follow-up, it seems certain games would not accept the reWASD. From what I have been able to test, these are the game that do not take effect when reWASD is activated:

Witcher 3
              Secret of Mana (PC remake)
              Middle-earth Shadow of War

Neither turbo nor any controller inputs will work.

So far, these are the games that reWASD will work with:

Hades
              Darksiders 3
              Street of Rage 4

I am not sure what the correlation is here for which games seem to accept reWASD. From what I suspect though, there might be something wrong with my system or something that I am doing.

Comment

Our software does not integrate in-game.

reWASD can work in the games that does support the following gamepads:
                Xbox 360
                Xbox One
                DualShock 4

Try selecting different virtual controllers. There are no issues for reWASD in Witcher 3 for sure, just tested myself. To be sure, I have created the virtual controller for physical mouse and keyboard, used Unmaps feature for all the mappings, so only gamepad input was available, and it ended with success.

Also, if you are trying to play the games through steam, try disabling the steam controller settings. This might help.

Comment

Our software does not integrate in-game.

reWASD can work in the games that does support the following gamepads:
                  Xbox 360
                  Xbox One
                  DualShock 4

Try selecting different virtual controllers. There are no issues for reWASD in Witcher 3 for sure, just tested myself. To be sure, I have created the virtual controller for physical mouse and keyboard, used Unmaps feature for all the mappings, so only gamepad input was available, and it ended with success.

Also, if you are trying to play the games through steam, try disabling the steam controller settings. This might help.
                  Oh man, I feel so bad for taking up your time with this issue.

My problem has been fully resolved.

The issue was choosing the correct virtual controller depending on the game. It was so simple. I found that some games would accept only the Xbox 360 virtual control, while others will only take the Xbox One, and so forth. Turbo function works fine as well as the control schemes flawlessly.

Comment

We are glad it helped you!

Comment

Working...
                    X