Joycon issues reconnecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joycon issues reconnecting

I am running in to a weird issue with my joycon controllers. They will sync to windows just fine, and show up in re wasd fine the first time I connect them.

if however I turn them off or restart my computer, even if they show as connected re wasd does not recognize them at all. As a result they go to sleep again after a few mins

I checked and only have one set active, and they are not added to my blacklist.

if I remove them from the Bluetooth device list and re add them again however re wasd recognizes them again.

any suggestions how I can get them to recognize after a restart or power down without having to remove and re add them as Bluetooth devices?

That is most likely a BT issue (not sure if hardware or software) and seem to also happen with other controllers (like DS4). If you have another BT adapter/dongle, I suggest trying to connect your controllers to it instead. Updating drivers for your BT adapter might also help.

Comment

hey Koethe,

I have been using joycons on my PC and ran into a lot of issues with the connectivity. Assuming you are using a PC instead of a laptop, here are the steps I used to fix my problems:
      1. First I upgraded my internal Bluetooth card to 5.0 or higher.
      2. The above step improved latency but did not completely resolve the jitterness, so I bought a Bluetooth extender. I bought THIS from Amazon. Notice it comes with an actual cord that runs along from the area where you screw them into your card. This allows me to place the receiver on my desk while I use my joycons.
      That's it! I hope this resolves it for you like it did for me. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the information! Do your joy cons automatically re connect / show up in re-wasd when you re connect them? If so which internal bluetooth card are you using?

Comment

Working...
        X