Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch PC inputs

Hey,

Recently got a hold of a Switch and brought an 8Bitdo adapter so I can play using my PS4 pad. I was wondering is there anyway to use Rewasd with a Switch, are there adapters I can buy or can I use the one I have etc., wanted to know if it's possible since I can't seem to find anything searching around.

Thanks.

I don't think anyone from the team tried it yet, but you can pair up your gamepad to PC, create an external virtual gamepad in reWASD (you will need a BT adapter/dongle on your PC) and then try connecting it to 8BitDo Adapter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      I don't think anyone from the team tried it yet, but you can pair up your gamepad to PC, create an external virtual gamepad in reWASD (you will need a BT adapter/dongle on your PC) and then try connecting it to 8BitDo Adapter.
      Hey,

I can't seem to get it to work.
      I connect the ps4 pad to pc through usb, select ps4 remote play, when I click the external virtual gamepad and add target I select other device with Bluetooth, the 8bitdo adapter does show up after I press the pairing button on the adapter, so I click on it and then next, on the next page I have Adapter as local device, my PC has bluetooth built in, I have target as other device with bluetooth, and authorize with gamepad.
      However it's just stuck on connecting and the 8bitdo is stuck on pairing mode, can't find pad to pair it.
      Not sure if it'll work with the adapter.

Comment

Hey there!

I may not get you correct, but it may be a chance that you are trying to connect to 8bitdo locally. 8bitdo connected to the console should be an Other device with Bluetooth, are you trying to connect this way?

If yes, it seems that for some reason the adapter doesn't work with our virtual controller. I am not sure why — because this is not the case we have tested and, frankly speaking, this was not our purpose while creating an External virtual controller.

We could check what happens in your case if you collect some logs for us — it may be a chance that your Bluetooth adapter, build-in your PC, is not strong enough or maybe 8bitdo has special requirements in this case. If you want to collect logs, you can check the steps here (Logging). You should start the log, then try to pair the virtual controller with your 8bitdo connected to the console.

Anyway, I have some good news for you. We are planning to add a virtual Switch Pro in one of the upcoming releases (not in the nearest one though). Once we do it, you will be able to connect to the Switch console directly. I hope you will like this functionality and we would be happy to let you know once it is released.

Comment

Hey,

Yes, it does show up as 'Other Device with Bluetooth' I select that option, but it just stays stuck at connecting. I haven't had a chance to try again, don't have the Switch with me right now, will probably have another go in a couple days, I'll have a look at collecting the logs.
          I do think it's an 8Bitdo issue though, since only when I put the adapter into pairing mode does my bluetooth pick it up and reWASD picks it up, and I have to use the share and PS button to pair my PS4 pad to it but then the 8bitdo stops showing up on my PC, or could be my adapter not sure.

But anyway, appreciate the reply, and hearing that there is Switch compatibility coming soon is awesome! I can definitely wait for now if I can't get the 8Bitdo to work.
          Really appreciate the work everyone does with the software, it's always improving with features I end up using with pretty much every new major update, can't recommend the software enough, it's brilliant, thank you!

Comment

Hi,

I too have a similar situation with the 8bitdo adapter. I am trying to get my Steam Controller to connect to the Nintendo Switch using the 8bitdo adapter. The 8bitdo adapter works on the Switch using my XBOX One controller but it doesn’t seem to want to connect to the REWASD external virtual PS4 controller.

I have successfully connected the virtual controller via BT to my AppleTV allowing the Steam Controller to act as a dualshock4 controller.

Based on this it looks like there is some incompatibility with the 8bitdo adapter.

I look forward to seeing external switch pro mode being implemented in a future release! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank you for your replies guys!

If you could collect some logs for us, we will check whether it is something with 8bitdo adapter or with the one that is used to create an external virtual controller.

Anyway, virtual Switch Pro is in progress

Comment

Working...
              X