Trouble with Playstation Nav Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Playstation Nav Controller

I just installed reWASD so that I can use my Playstation Nav controller with Windows games. I have a Windows 10 laptop with bluetooth, and a genuine Nav controller.

When I plug in the controller by USB the first time, it asked if I wanted to pair by bluetooth. I clicked yes. I then set up a profile which works fine while the controller is plugged in by USB. When I unplug the controller from USB, it disappears from reWASD and doesn't seem to be recognized by Bluetooth. How do I get it to show wirelessly? I do not have any other keymappers installed on my system, nor have I ever, so it is not some sort of conflict with a previous driver.

Hello! Please clear the data in the reWASD settings (Preferences - General - Clear data) and then try to connect the device again.
    Is the controller's bluetooth working properly?

Comment

I tried resetting per your instructions, as well as removing all the controller profiles. No dice. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with reboots. It still isn't asking me to re-pair. Is there a way to force it?

Comment

Hello!

Nav controller is pretty specific and works with chosen Bluetooth adapters only. It may be a chance that the one you have won't connect at all unfortunately. Could you please collect some logs for us so we could check it from our side? Here are the steps:
        1. Unplug the controller
        2. Run reWASD as Administrator: right-click reWASD icon or shortcut and choose Run as Administrator
        3. Allow reWASD to make changes to your device
        4. reWASD opens. Now open Preferences, and click Start log in the lower left corner
        5. Close Preferences window
        6. Plug the controller again, wait until you see it in the app, then unplug for the wireless connection and wait just a few seconds
        7. Open Preferences again and press Stop log
        8. Choose Open file location to proceed to the folder
        9. Choose the archive that was created the last, and send it here please
        Also, ensure that the controller's battery is charged — if the battery is not working correctly, then the device could not work wirelessly.

Comment

Attached is the log generated per your instructions. I'm using the controller on a Microsoft Surface Book 2, if that is any help in determining the bluetooth radio.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs provided. We will check everything and contact you as soon as there is news.

Comment

We have checked the logs, and assume that your Bluetooth adapter is not compatible with the Nav Controller. If possible, try another one.

Comment

I did this myself a while back but now use cable instead. As i remember you need a Bluetooth USB adapter specifically for the Nav because it will write an address to it and you will not be able to use that adapter for anything else, any cheap adapter will do. You may or may not be able to use your laptop's internal Bluetooth but if you do it will not be able to connect to anything other than the Nav.

Comment

Working...
                X