Need help understanding joycon gyro Zone Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help understanding joycon gyro Zone Shape

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked before or I'm just missing something obvious but I need some help understanding the zone shape for my joycon gyro.

Playing with the zone shape sliders doesn't seem to have any effect. If I map keypresses to the "Gyroscope Low" there is almost no deadzone and the presses trigger too easily. If I map keys to the "Gyroscope Med" then I have to tilt the joycon about 30degrees before any key presses are registered. So I tried using "Gyroscope Low" with a small deadzone, but saw no differences.

In fact, even if I increase the deadzone to 100% of the shape (see pic), the gyro binds still trigger. What am I missing? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dead.png
Views:	499
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	225213

Hello!

As I can see from your screenshot, you have Tilt mode chosen for gyro. In Tilt mode, the zone depends on how far you rotate the gamepad.
    Once the grey zone is passed, your mapping for Low, Med and High zones are emulated.

In addition to zones, you can add mappings on the main page — with the gamepad.

I am not sure why you get mappings with such a big deadzone. Have you applied a config with this settings? If it still happens, please send me the config you are using, I think we are missing some obsolete mapping here. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

​Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to make the zone mapping I think I want which looks like this, just a small deadzone surrounded by a single zone (im using Gyroscope Med here). I have attached c1.rewasd which was copied from my documents folder after clicking apply on this screen.

Name:	dead2.png
Views:	422
Size:	533.5 KB
ID:	225223

In addition to zones, you can add mappings on the main page — with the gamepad.
      I tried adding my bindings on the main page (like the pic below) but when i did this there was almost no deadzone and the mappings were triggering way to often for me which is why i moved into the advanced menu.

Name:	dead3.png
Views:	503
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	225225

One more thing, i noticed that after changing my zone shape and applying. If i close and open reWASD that the zone shape has reverted back to default. Heres what I see after closing and opening reWASD:

Name:	dead4.png
Views:	303
Size:	537.5 KB
ID:	225226

So i dont think the zone shape is being saved or applied. Changing it does not seem to have any effect on the required tilt angle of the joycon.

Thanks for the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Thank you for the details!

Yes, I confirm that the Zone Shape is not saved correctly in Tilt mode. I am sorry for the inconvenience, we will fix this issue asap. I would be happy to let you know here once the new version with a fix is released.

Comment

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Comment

Hello there!

The issue was fixed in the reWASD 5.7 version. Please feel free to check it out!

It is available for download from our official website.

Comment

Thankyou, i'll get it.

Comment

Working...
              X