Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reWASD is nearly perfect. It's just missing these few features ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD is nearly perfect. It's just missing these few features ...

After spending MANY hours basically mimicking (and testing / tweaking) my Pinnacle Gamer Profile setups to reWASD, I am more than pleased with this software. Developers, this is just constructive criticism and suggestions to improve this software to make it perfect. Perhaps in a future update:

8-way D-pad Support
    Not sure why this isn't available. The D-pad is perfect for hotkeys. PGP had it. I had to use shifts to get around this but it's a bit more cumbersome this way.

Reverse Order Key Combo Support
    Adding keystrokes and combo breakers is great and a feature PGP does too. Now all that's needed is the ability to go in reverse order too. Basically if I have keys 1, breaker, 2, breaker, 3, breaker, 4 ... as an example ... I will always go in order of keys 1, 2, 3, 4 with that assigned button. We need the ability to go in reverse order of that Key Combo too (on another button), leaving off where the initial order break left off. Example 1, 2, 3, ... the reverse order to 2, 1 again if desired. One of the developers said they might be interested in doing this in the future. Hopefully.

More Than 21 Characters Label per Button Assignment
    21 characters is enough most of the time. But when assigning multiple items in a key combo or one button does multiple functions, numerous times I ran out of characters. Is there a way to support ... say 30 characters max instead?

The Values X, Y Zone Shapes & Response Curves Are Way Too High
    Under joystick => advanced, why are the values of X,Y zone shapes & response curves just under 32,000 values? That's WAY too many numbers for a range. Why not a max of 1,000? I've done a lot of tweaking of these values on my profiles under the joysticks and trying to get where I wanted them (or remembering from another profile) was a pain. Depending on the values point, just typing it in doesn't work. It just makes a value as soon as you try and type one in yourself.

Need a General Notes Section
    For each profile, maybe have a text / notes box under the controller. Some games are wonky mapping to a controller (not the fault of this program ... fault of the old game) or maybe I need a reminder on something specific for launching a game, etc. A general notes per profile section would be a big help here.

1 License Per Computer?
    I have 3 computers in my house. I have 1 PGP license and it's installed on all 3 PCs. I'm never on more than 1 PC for gaming at the same time. If I'm in bed, I game on my bedroom PC on the TV. If friends are over, it's the basement PC on the projector. If I want to just chill and game in the living room, it's the downstairs PC. I bought 2 licenses for 2 of my 3 PCs. Before I buy a 3rd one, I just want to make sure I'm understanding it right and I can only have on buy per 1 PC. Maybe there's a bulk discount if buying 3?

Otherwise .. fantastic work and keep up the good work and support. You've been promptly helpful to me on this forum when I had questions.

Hello there,

The 8d-pad is already available, please check this use case.
    It can be achieved with the help of Shortcuts feature.

Regarding the reverse key combo, you can simply enter the needed 'reversed' combo manually. We are still might be interested in that for the future, still, for now, we are not planning on adding this feature.

Character limits? If I understood you correctly, you mean the maximum amount of actions in the combo, but there are really no limits for that:
    Check this video.
    More than 250 actions were recorded on this video, there are no issues with that.

If you mean the general config description, your suggestion is noted.

The values were added for the most precise setup possible. It is better to have more availability for adjusting the parameters, rather than less than needed. You can simply edit the values by moving the key dots from the response curve section.

Yes, there is only one license is per 1 PC simultaneously. If you wish to use the existing license on another PC, please feel free to use the revoke feature.
    Also, we have a 20% discount for the further purchase. If you need it for 3 PCs, we can provide you with the discount!

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Hello there,

The 8d-pad is already available, please check this use case.
      It can be achieved with the help of Shortcuts feature.
      Perfect! I'll give it a try. Is it labeled as such in the controller diagram? I'll find out.

Regarding the reverse key combo, you can simply enter the needed 'reversed' combo manually. We are still might be interested in that for the future, still, for now, we are not planning on adding this feature.
      Yes, but it will be out of sync with the forward key combo, hence mostly defeating the purpose of this to begin with.

Character limits? If I understood you correctly, you mean the maximum amount of actions in the combo, but there are really no limits for that:
      Check this video.
      More than 250 actions were recorded on this video, there are no issues with that.

If you mean the general config description, your suggestion is noted. <= Yes,this is what I'm referring to.

The values were added for the most precise setup possible. It is better to have more availability for adjusting the parameters, rather than less than needed. You can simply edit the values by moving the key dots from the response curve section.
      Understood, but this is customizability that translates to no benefit in practice IMO. The physical joystick travel is so minimal where having @ 32,0000 values doesn't make sense and is more of a hassle to manage than it's worth. IMO of course.

Yes, there is only one license is per 1 PC simultaneously. If you wish to use the existing license on another PC, please feel free to use the revoke feature.
      Also, we have a 20% discount for the further purchase. If you need it for 3 PCs, we can provide you with the discount!
      Perfect. How do I do this and can I get a 20% credit for my 2nd purchase? Feel free to PM me with details.
      One final feature request I just remembered .... please add the ability to label the diagonal directions (if 8-way is enabled) for the joysticks. Currently you can only label 4 .. the X and Y axis.

Comment

One final feature request I just remembered .... please add the ability to label the diagonal directions (if 8-way is enabled) for the joysticks. Currently you can only label 4 .. the X and Y axis.

This is already available, if I understood the required feature correctly.
        Please check the image attached.

We will update you additionally with the information about the discount a bit later.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey there!

I assume you are about the Descriptions that are not enabled there. We will take it into account, thank you for the suggestion.

The physical joystick travel is so minimal where having @ 32,0000 values doesn't make sense and is more of a hassle to manage than it's worth.
          This is a physical value that Xbox gamepad has. Other devices are not that accurate, but we are looking up to the best

Perfect. How do I do this and can I get a 20% credit for my 2nd purchase? Feel free to PM me with details.
          Will send you the details to the DM. I will need your email used for the first purchase.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            Hey there!

I assume you are about the Descriptions that are not enabled there. We will take it into account, thank you for the suggestion.

This is a physical value that Xbox gamepad has. Other devices are not that accurate, but we are looking up to the best

Will send you the details to the DM. I will need your email used for the first purchase.
            PM Sent

Comment

Got it and sent the instructions there

Comment

Working...
              X