Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Store Apps and Autodetect issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Store Apps and Autodetect issues...

I have autodetect working quite nicely except for anything that's a windows store (windows 10 modern UI) app. Even though each has it's own executable I can see in task manager or other tools such as proceplore... the only focus change reWASD seems to detect is the below. I have temporarily added that to my process list and it kinda works. I mean... anything triggers it that happens to be a windows store app, even the calculator lol. But I would really love to be able to trigger based on the actual windows store app such as Xbox Console Companion and Xbox Chat app which right now are both treated the same since both are windows store apps and both show up in the logs (as below) as ApplicationFrameHost only...

reWASD tray: 17:19:43:853 ForegroundApplicationMonitorServiceOnChanged Detected foreground process change ProcessName: ApplicationFrameHost

Hello there!

For the current moment, we can only use .exe files for the autodetect, thus, the method you mentioned (checking the exact path to the .exe files to the running process) is the best possible way to add your games tom the autodetect list.

We are planning on adding the list of currently running processes directly to the autodetect feature. Thus, please stay tuned for updates!

Comment

I'm not certain we're talking about the same thing however, I think I have a partial explanation for you, which I hope helps with further features in this area... I've noticed that all Windows 10 Store apps have no "Bring to front" option in task manager on the process tab. Only the legacy Desktop Experience applications have this option. I think this bring to front equates to the focus detection method your software is using. Perhaps there is a new method that includes a way to detect focusing the individual Windows Store Apps? each of these apps have their own .exe path/files and I can add them to the list just fine... they are all simply detected as a focus change to the same named program which if you look it up... ApplicationFrameHost is basically Windows 10 Tablet Experience so at least it's some random thing... meaning it's related. To put simply I think your software is listening to windows report focus shifting only on Desktop Applications, and all Store Apps are detected as simply a shift away from the Desktop Experience to the App experience

Comment

*at least it's NOT some random thing

Comment

As I have told you, we are planning on adding the autodetect for the Windows store apps, the same as including any other similar files autodetect.
          I got your point completely and this will be possible in the future.

Comment

Not to be picky but that's not at all what you said and if you had said "we are planning on adding the autodetect for the Windows store apps" it would have saved us both the extra back and forth XD thanks for the update and your time! I can't wait... your software makes so much possible already that I never thought would be, so this will be a really cool additional refinement especially as Microsoft pushes developers to publish more and more to the store.

Comment

Originally Posted by duncanidahoaz View Post
              Not to be picky but that's not at all what you said and if you had said "we are planning on adding the autodetect for the Windows store apps" it would have saved us both the extra back and forth XD thanks for the update and your time! I can't wait... your software makes so much possible already that I never thought would be, so this will be a really cool additional refinement especially as Microsoft pushes developers to publish more and more to the store.
              Whoops, for some reason thought I have mentioned that in a first message, sorry

Comment

Working...
              X