Installer not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installer not running

When trying to run the reWASD installer nothing opens, and in taskmanager windows problem reporting appears.
    When checking up on windows event viewer two distinct errors appear, which are attached to the topic.
    What's weird is that the same installer works perfectly on other computers, this one is fully operational, checked for all types of errors, updated to most recent update but still nothing.
    1.txt
    2.txt

Hey
    Please check which .NET version you have. Here are the steps:

1. Run Command Promt as Administrator (type cmd in Windows Search bar)
    2. Paste this string: reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\full" /v version
    3. Check Version value or send me the screenshot of what you got

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hey
      Please check which .NET version you have. Here are the steps:

1. Run Command Promt as Administrator (type cmd in Windows Search bar)
      2. Paste this string: reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\full" /v version
      3. Check Version value or send me the screenshot of what you got
      Thanks so much for responding!
      I've previously checked my .NET version and confirmed it to be the correct one, which made me kinda weirded out by this issue.
      I've disabled my antivirus, other apps that might be interfering with the installer.

Command Prompt result:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Views:	240
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	225410

Comment

It's all right here. We'll be looking at your logs with the team in the coming days. We are sorry that you will have to wait.

Comment

Hey there!

Thank you for the explicit information. As far as we can see from logs, there is some issue with the .NET framework which can't unpack some resources required during the installation.
          At the moment, I would ask you to try this official tool to repair .NET and hope it may help in your case. We will also try to catch and resolve this issue from our side, but it would be a tricky thing because we can't reproduce it at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            Hey there!

Thank you for the explicit information. As far as we can see from logs, there is some issue with the .NET framework which can't unpack some resources required during the installation.
            At the moment, I would ask you to try this official tool to repair .NET and hope it may help in your case. We will also try to catch and resolve this issue from our side, but it would be a tricky thing because we can't reproduce it at all.
            Thanks for answering!
            When i run the official tool for repairing it says: "The tool is unable to resolve the installation issue on your computer".
            Although before it says that changes were made? The changes were: Reregister Windows Installer service and Restar Windows Installer service.
            Basically nothing happens except it creates a .cab file in my desktop with a bunch of logs.
            By the way, thanks so much for helping out!
            ​​

Comment

You can try looking for ways to fix .NET in the internet. Here are some helpful links that may help you. If none of this solves your problem, you may need to clean install Windows OS. We are also trying to reproduce this problem from our side, but as already written above, this is very difficult.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                You can try looking for ways to fix .NET in the internet. Here are some helpful links that may help you. If none of this solves your problem, you may need to clean install Windows OS. We are also trying to reproduce this problem from our side, but as already written above, this is very difficult.
                I'll look into the solutions you've proposed, thanks so much!
                From what I gather it's from installing old-ish disc games that installed?/modified? .NET on their own (which I guess pirated games fit into the same description), not sure though.
                Thanks a lot for helping out!

Comment

Originally Posted by IHazAppeared View Post

I'll look into the solutions you've proposed, thanks so much!
                  From what I gather it's from installing old-ish disc games that installed?/modified? .NET on their own (which I guess pirated games fit into the same description), not sure though.
                  Thanks a lot for helping out!
                  Always glad to help!

Comment

Working...
                  X