No announcement yet.

Virtual Gamepad (moonlight) game streaming not working in version in ver 5.7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Gamepad (moonlight) game streaming not working in version in ver 5.7.0

Hello,

The latest version does not appear to be working with virtual gamepads created by applications like moonlight game streaming. This was working fine in version 5.6.0 prior to upgrading.

Hello!

We have already discovered this issue and the fix is coming to the next update. In the meantime, I will send you the personal link in DM with the link to the fixed build. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

It works for me? am I missing something or is it just because I have two instances of rewasd running?

Comment

Originally Posted by gsglobe View Post
        It works for me? am I missing something or is it just because I have two instances of rewasd running?
        Hi! If you have the same issue, just download the latest build of reWASD from our website.

Comment

I am still having an issue using Moonlight with the newest 5.7.1 version. It last worked correctly before version reWASD 5.5
          While game streaming though Moonlight, Elite Dangerous will not load the default gamepad controls nor save any customize bindings you set. The only way to make it work is to uninstall reWASD every time I want to remote play. Not the end of the world but I wished it worked correctly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Humhead View Post
            I am still having an issue using Moonlight with the newest 5.7.1 version. It last worked correctly before version reWASD 5.5
            While game streaming though Moonlight, Elite Dangerous will not load the default gamepad controls nor save any customize bindings you set. The only way to make it work is to uninstall reWASD every time I want to remote play. Not the end of the world but I wished it worked correctly.
            Thanks for the report. We'll do a check and get back to you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Humhead View Post
              Hey there! We have re-checked reWASD 5.7.1 and haven't detected any issues so far. Could you please describe all the steps that lead to the issue? Which device do you use? How do you connect it? Is reWASD installed on your physical machine or in Moonlight?

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. Elite Dangerous has presets for mouse and keyboard, gamepad, HOTaS, etc. The default preset will show up depending on the device you have plugged in and you can customize the bindings from that preset to your needs.

Elite Dangerous with reWASD installed works as expected on the local Machine. Streaming Elite Dangerous though Moonlight on a remote device while reWASD is not installed also works. The Game recognizes the remote gamepad and you can customize and change settings to the default gamepad binding.

But thighs get messed up when reWASD is installed and you launch Elite Dangerous while streaming though Moonlight. The remote gamepad moves though the menu items, but the default gamepad options are not available to use. If you start adding gamepad items manually, it will not save. It's like the game no longer can recognize the type of gamepad I’m using. I've been using Moonlight with Elite Dangerous for a long time now. It worked flawlessly before version 5.5. It doesn't matter if remapping is on or off.

I use Moonlight with my android phone, iPad, Samsung Tablet, and my Work PC with an xbox controller. I have two copies of reWASD, one on my Home PC and one on my gaming Laptop. Connecting to both hosts remotely, has the same issues with Elite Dangerous not seeing the Moonlight virtual controller.

Luckily, uninstalling before a remote play session and reinstalling when I’m playing at home is pretty painless. But it would be nice if you all could figure out what the problem was. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Comment

Thank you for the details, we will try to re-check this game. Does the same happen with other games on Moonlight or just this one?
                  And one more question: how do you connect Xbox One controller (BT, wireless adapter, USB)?

UPD: Seems we were able to reproduce the issue, however, there are still some questions here:

1. Have you tried to re-start the game when it doesn't detect the gamepad? As far as we can see, the virtual gamepad for Moonlight was successfully created with or without reWASD, and it is visible and works in joy.cpl (the native Windows tool for gamepad testing). It seems to be some in-game issue.

2. Funny thing, have you tried to remap your Xbox One controller in reWASD when you play this game? As far as we see, it works flawlessly with our virtual 360. Please try the following:
                  - open reWASD on Moonlight
                  - remap your gamepad (detected as 360) to our virtual Xbox 360 (using the magic wand)
                  - apply this config and try it in Elite Dangerous

Comment

That was it!!! Magic Wand / Virtual Xbox 360 fixed the issue completely. reWASD is amazing and your support is top notch. Thanks for the help!!!

Comment

Thank you for letting us know

Comment

Working...
                      X