Weird input detection issue while mapping joystick to mouse in apex legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird input detection issue while mapping joystick to mouse in apex legends

Here's my config modified from one of the community's apex configs. It the mouse mapping work's but only if there is keyboard input aswell. If I standstill and move my mouse it recognizes input in game as mouse and keyboard (all the icons switch from xbox buttons to pc). If I'm holding a movement key like wasd then use the mouse this doesn't happen. Additionally I tested the detection mode to see if either my mouse or keyboard were wrong but they are correct. This seems to also be the case in the menu's if I turn the mapping on then boot up the game it will show pc keyboards to continue etc and the controller binds don't show up until i'm in game.

Originally Posted by iNiles View Post
    Here's my config modified from one of the community's apex configs. It the mouse mapping work's but only if there is keyboard input aswell. If I standstill and move my mouse it recognizes input in game as mouse and keyboard (all the icons switch from xbox buttons to pc). If I'm holding a movement key like wasd then use the mouse this doesn't happen. Additionally I tested the detection mode to see if either my mouse or keyboard were wrong but they are correct. This seems to also be the case in the menu's if I turn the mapping on then boot up the game it will show pc keyboards to continue etc and the controller binds don't show up until i'm in game.
    Hey there! Please check the License (an icon with a key at the bottom right). Go to Advanced mapping feature to see if it is active now (has Trial days left shown in a title).

Comment

Everything is active, besides the 4 slots which I never bought.

Comment

The issue you are describing seems to be related to the Unmaps feature being enabled, not for all the mapping you use in-game. Please make sure to use it for all the keys.

I have just checked your config in Apex, there is no such issue as I mentioned (Unmaps are just fine)

You can also run the reWASD overlay for virtual controller (Ctrl+Shift+F12) to see how the virtual gamepad works in-game. I have not found any issues in apex, using your config. The controller was running and there were no input switching.

You can try 'Clearing data' from the reWASD preferences - general with the following devices reinitialization.

Comment

Clearing data fixed it thanks!

Comment

Always happy to help!

Comment

Working...
            X