No announcement yet.

Since 5.7 getting DualSense battery warning even when the battery is charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since 5.7 getting DualSense battery warning even when the battery is charged

Constantly getting a low battery warning. Before 5.7 behaviour was fine.

Hello!
    Please try to reboot and check if the problem is repeated.

Comment

Yeah, I've rebooted multiple times. Is there any way to disable the battery warning?

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
        Yeah, I've rebooted multiple times. Is there any way to disable the battery warning?
        Hi!
        Are you talking about the battery indicator in the system tray or the Desktop Overlay notification?

Comment

Well, I haven't noticed the indicator in the system tray, but I'm getting constant Desktop Overlay notifications warning me about battery even though it's full. It's really annoying.

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
            Well, I haven't noticed the indicator in the system tray, but I'm getting constant Desktop Overlay notifications warning me about battery even though it's full. It's really annoying.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Dualsense on hand right now to test this. I can suggest that you disable the battery status notification in the Overlay. Open Preferences -> Desktop Overlay and uncheck [Battery is Low / Critical].Click image for larger version  Name:	95988144fe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	225629

Comment

Thanks! That will work.

Comment

Hello flowerdealer ! Just a quick follow-up to your original post.

In case you want those notifications to be shown properly, please let us know — we may need some logs to understand what happens here.

Still, DualSense starts reporting Low battery status when the battery is pretty OK, so in your case, you can just disable Battery is Low option but keep the one for Critical.

Comment

Critical is the one that it's giving me, even when it's full, or almost full.

Comment

In order to better understand your issue, you need to collect some logs for us.

To complete this type of logs, you will need to:
                    1. Make sure you have a shortcut for reWASDEngine.exe (Note, the picture shows reWASD.exe, but you need exactly reWASDEngine.exe)
                    2. Right-click on the needed shortcut, open Properties
                    3. Find the Target field, and add " -tracetext" to it. This is how it must look like:

4. Press OK to close Properties, and launch reWASD Engine using the modified shortcut. Then recreate the problem situation. (Make sure your Dualsense is fully charged and you will receive those "wrong" notifications)
                    5. Then close the application completely. Now open File explorer, and go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs and send the newest reWASD TextTrace.txt file to our support team

Comment

Working...
                    X