Hey, gyro as right joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, gyro as right joystick

Hey, im having some issues setting things up.

So ive added right joystick to gyro, clicked in advanced and messed around with the curve, I really like the default curve but its way too slow how do I increase the sensitivity for the joystick gyro? With a mouse this is easy enough adjusting the "virtual mouse speed" but I just cant find a similar setting for joystick gyro.

Adjust the curve is really difficult, what does the horizontal ald vertical adjustment do?

I just want a smooth gyro joystick so I can look around and aim decently, the game im trying this on is for Fortnite. My son is a huge fan of the game and im trying to add gyro to his controller so he can adjust to it.

Could anyone help me with this? I dont want to give up as this is for my son but im loosing hair over this, its extremely complicated to adjust to get a semi smooth experience, it feels like theres a deadzone no matter what settings you apply and the fact you cant adjust sensitivity is another one, unless im missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance for any help given!
    Best Regards,
    D

Originally Posted by gsglobe View Post
    Hey, im having some issues setting things up.

So ive added right joystick to gyro, clicked in advanced and messed around with the curve, I really like the default curve but its way too slow how do I increase the sensitivity for the joystick gyro? With a mouse this is easy enough adjusting the "virtual mouse speed" but I just cant find a similar setting for joystick gyro.

Adjust the curve is really difficult, what does the horizontal ald vertical adjustment do?

I just want a smooth gyro joystick so I can look around and aim decently, the game im trying this on is for Fortnite. My son is a huge fan of the game and im trying to add gyro to his controller so he can adjust to it.

Could anyone help me with this? I dont want to give up as this is for my son but im loosing hair over this, its extremely complicated to adjust to get a semi smooth experience, it feels like theres a deadzone no matter what settings you apply and the fact you cant adjust sensitivity is another one, unless im missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance for any help given!
    Best Regards,
    D
    Hello!The only way to change the sensitivity of the gyroscope is to change the response curve in Gyroscopes Advanced Settings as you described. Based on what you have written I can recommend you this curve setting. Unfortunately it is not possible to increase the sensitivity significantly, but we will note your suggestion.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-05-18_21-26-52.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	225613

Comment

I've tried the above setting, it was quite similar to my own curve but this one felt better overall but there's still issues with it. Small movements when aiming down sights on targets very far away is impossible it seems there's some kind of deadzone because it doesnt allow very small movements.

I feel having the natural curve and a way to increase sensitivity would be better, since it does wonders when its set as a mouse.
      Adding a sensitivity slider is that on your to-do list?

Best regards,

Comment

Hello
        If you select the mouse, then you will have access to the sliders for adjusting the sensitivity (as in the screenshot), but the response curve is much more accurate to adjust.

Name:	a57b836faa.png
Views:	768
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	225618

If you want to remove deadzone, then this slider is available in advanced settings.

Name:	4923c5b3ae.png
Views:	759
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	225619

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Hello
          If you select the mouse, then you will have access to the sliders for adjusting the sensitivity (as in the screenshot), but the response curve is much more accurate to adjust.

Name:	a57b836faa.png
Views:	768
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	225618

If you want to remove deadzone, then this slider is available in advanced settings.

Name:	4923c5b3ae.png
Views:	759
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	225619
          Hi,
          There's still a deadzone even when zone shape is adjusted to 0 ingame when gyro is set as a joystick. Atleast it feels like it.
          The mouse sensitivity I know about, I was hoping you could implement a similar feature for the gyro joystick as that would help alot, its way to difficult to adjust the curve - I feel like both the curve and sensitivity slider should be a thing.

Comment

Set Response of the gyroscope using the curve. The horizontal axis of a curve stands for how fast you move the controller. The vertical axis stands for the mappings. With a stick mapped to gyro, the min point is a stick’s deadzone, and the max point is the max deflection.
            In your case, try raising the first point on the curve a little. In your case, try raising the first point on the curve a little to override the game deadzone.

It is impossible to make a slider here, because the curve already provides full customization.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
              Set Response of the gyroscope using the curve. The horizontal axis of a curve stands for how fast you move the controller. The vertical axis stands for the mappings. With a stick mapped to gyro, the min point is a stick’s deadzone, and the max point is the max deflection.
              In your case, try raising the first point on the curve a little. In your case, try raising the first point on the curve a little to override the game deadzone.

It is impossible to make a slider here, because the curve already provides full customization.
              Thanks for the explanation, what exactly does "the vertikal axis stunds for mappings"? What does it do? What is deflection?

Im sure the curve is great and all, a normal sensitivity slider would be great aswell
              , why is it impossible? The normal curve is smooth its just way too slow. I for one wouldn't have have my current problem if I could use normal default curve with a increased sensitivity.

I understand joystick set as gyro isnt as accurate or smooth as set to mouse but some games doesnt allow mixed input and having to hassle woth the curve for different responsresponse per game is way to troublesome.

Ive tried above settings more and there is still a deadzone using gyro as joystick. You cant make small adjustments with the gyro while aiming down sights to shoot targets far away.

Steam doesnt have this problem, I want to have the same feel in rewasd as I use it for all other applications.

Best regards

Comment

Hey there!

Originally Posted by gsglobe View Post
                Thanks for the explanation, what exactly does "the vertikal axis stunds for mappings"? What does it do? What is deflection?
                This is about the Response curve. You can change the position of 4 dots, each of which has two parameters: X and Y, for horizontal and vertical axes. X value (horizontal) is about how fast you are turning your gamepad while using the gyro (I assume you have chosen Gyro mode, right?). The Y options stand for the final output — the deflection of the stick, the value that shows how far the stick is deflected.

You need to override the in-game stick deadzone. It means that when you turning the gamepad slowly (X values are low), you should get a big stick deflection (Y value) at once. This is why we recommend adjust the curve this way — make the first points higher.

It is illogical for me to have both Response and Sensitivity for this type of mapping. Because here is what you should get as an output: the certain point from 0 to 32768 which corresponds to the speed of turning set as X point. You can't multiply the Y point — it will create a value that goes beyond the maximal stick deflection.

Steam doesnt have this problem, I want to have the same feel in rewasd as I use it for all other applications.
                Steam doesn't allow you to map a stick to the gyro. It operates with different modes for mouse mappings. I assume this is why it differs.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                  Hey there!

This is about the Response curve. You can change the position of 4 dots, each of which has two parameters: X and Y, for horizontal and vertical axes. X value (horizontal) is about how fast you are turning your gamepad while using the gyro (I assume you have chosen Gyro mode, right?). The Y options stand for the final output — the deflection of the stick, the value that shows how far the stick is deflected.

You need to override the in-game stick deadzone. It means that when you turning the gamepad slowly (X values are low), you should get a big stick deflection (Y value) at once. This is why we recommend adjust the curve this way — make the first points higher.

It is illogical for me to have both Response and Sensitivity for this type of mapping. Because here is what you should get as an output: the certain point from 0 to 32768 which corresponds to the speed of turning set as X point. You can't multiply the Y point — it will create a value that goes beyond the maximal stick deflection.

Steam doesn't allow you to map a stick to the gyro. It operates with different modes for mouse mappings. I assume this is why it differs.
                  Hi,
                  thanks again for the reply, I guess it makes more sense now. Steam does have the agility to map joystick to gyro, perhaps it operates in a different way but joystick or mouse like joystick sure is easier to setup in steam overlay than here.

Right, so I managed to adjust the curve further and now small movements is possible but now its too sensitive and shaking all over the place.
                  Im all for customization but isnt this abit extreme or is it just how joystick to gyro works?
                  Spend alot of time fine tuning?

I just wish there was an easier approach 🤗 do you have any setting like minimal threshold for gyro? Keeping sensitivity high but avoid microshakes?
                  it does feel good and smooth, but its abit shaky!

Thanks for your support 😁

Comment

Yes, [Response] curve is answer to almost anything. No other way around it. The first point (1) of the curve above zero is what would set the sensitivity for your gyro (closer to the right side - bigger must be the movement to get registered). And the last point at the top (2) would set the maximum turning speed required for maximum stick deflection.

Name:	2021-05-21_22-39-42.png
Views:	835
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	225671

To avoid micro shakes while keeping high sensitivity would be impossible without some kind of demerit like an input lag.

Comment

Working...
                    X