My Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Frustration

Brief synopsis I have mapped 2 pieces of an MK 11 combo to my controller using keyboard inputs. If i press boith buttons this piece of the combo works. Whwn I try to record the xbox controller so that I can have just 1 button push to another button on my controller it doesnt work. I was under the impression with the purchase of advance keymapping I coud do this no? The bootom line here is im recordinga combination of keystrokes and xbox controller functions to 1 button. is this possible or do I have to use keyboard keys only?

Originally Posted by chip031261 View Post
    Whwn I try to record the xbox controller so that I can have just 1 button push to another button on my controller it doesnt work. I was under the impression with the purchase of advance keymapping I coud do this no?
    Can't understand what you mean there. Most [Activators] for all keys and buttons can be mapped to a [Combo].

Originally Posted by chip031261 View Post
    The bootom line here is im recordinga combination of keystrokes and xbox controller functions to 1 button. is this possible or do I have to use keyboard keys only?
    Mapping a [Combo] to a gamepad button is possible. Just select a gamepad button, click [Key Combo] and start recording there. [Combo editor] is able to record actual keyboard and gamepad inputs (if you have [Hook controller buttons] option enabled at [Preferences > General]). That does not include inputs from reWASD`s own virtual devices. You'll have to push all of the buttons from a combo on a real gamepad yourself while recording.

Comment

ok let me say this better On the controller using the recorder and keyboard i have map 2 strings of a combo to 2 buttons on the controller. When i press the 2 buttons on the controller that part of the combo works Tell me how do i combine both buttons that contain the macros/combos into 1 button on the controller

Comment

Here is a perfect example of what i am saying - i select the a button go into key combo. I then press the recorder..I go back to the controller press the two controller buttons that are already mapped to produce a partial string of the combo. The recorder will record it.. not a problem. but the partial string doesnt execute?

Comment

It seems I was mistaken. Combo recorder does catch input from virtual gamepads too, along with real ones. You should check if the resulting combo and pauses between nodes and "partial strings" are correct. It is possible that during recording the button, that triggers the "partial string" combo, also got recorded.

Though you should use the Copy&Paste function of the editor. Open the second "string", select all the nodes, [RMB] on any of them, [Copy], then open the first "string", add a [Pause] node, then [RMB] and [Paste] at the end of the combo. That should "join" 2 of your combos into one.

Comment

I need some more details, please share to use the Copy&Paste function of the editor

Comment

What kind of difficulties did you encounter exactly?

Comment

Working...
              X