Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELITE 2 Paddles not performing macros

Hello all,
    So I just got the reWASD so I can remap the paddles on my elite 2 controller. I used the paddles with default settings and the customized via the Xbox accessories app with no issue. Set it all back to default in the accessories app and unmapped the paddles. I have setup a config in reWASD and applied it to slot 2, I setup for only 1 paddle just to test it out, its not working, in fact when I show the overlay, the paddles aren't even shown on the overlay(don't know if this is normal or not) however while in the application and I press the paddle, it displays the configuration for that paddle so the button input is working. Can someone please help me out, I dont know if I am doing something wrong or if there is an issue. I have included some screenshots, thanks
    Attached Files

Hello

If the mappings do not work in the game, then try the following:
    1. Ensure that Ignore gamepad input is set to OFF in the Fortnite's settings.
    2. Try to restart the game with all its launchers after you click apply. So, close the game, apply a config, then open the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello

If the mappings do not work in the game, then try the following:
      1. Ensure that Ignore gamepad input is set to OFF in the Fortnite's settings.
      2. Try to restart the game with all its launchers after you click apply. So, close the game, apply a config, then open the game.
      Did this last night, did it again today, same result, no paddle function in game, just the standard buttons, any further advice?

Comment

I suggest checking if combo does work at all with [joy.cpl] (type that into Windows Start Menu) or at [Gamepad Tester]. Apply the config, open either of the testers, press the paddle and see if it does what combo is set to do. If it doesn't, check if you have [Key Combo] and [Advanced mapping] features enabled (have a license or trial period activated). And if it does...

Your combo seems to be pushing [B], [LT] and [RT] one by one, presumably for only 10ms with another 10ms between inputs. It is usually recommended to "hold" buttons in combo for at least 17ms (if the game is running stable 60 FPS) for it to register. So you might need to add some pauses between "down" and "up" nodes there.

Comment

So far, adding a pause to hold each button a little longer before release and with an added pause between button presses seems to be working, still have some fine tuning to do. It may be easier to just adjust the default button hold instead of adding a pause to hold on each and every button press, for each future macro.... is there a way to do this properly?

Comment

There is a [Delay between keys] parameter in the combo editor you can use. Take note that it adds a pause after every node.

You can read more about [Combo Editor] here.

Comment

Thank you,, what about changing the default hold time of a button press, ie. when I put in my B RT LT, it automatically holds for 20ms instead of adding a 20ms pause between the press and release? I saw the setting to increase time between nodes, but not for hold duration. I can always add the pause, just thought there may be a way to have it preform that way without the pause inserted. Is that a possibility?

Comment

The [Delay between keys] setting literally adds pause after every node. So no, there's no option for "default hold duration". Any pause of different value should be added manually.

Comment

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, is a "Node" considered the "B⬇️" or the "B⬇️ B⬆️"? Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

The "B⬇️" alone is considered to be a node. They can be moved around semi-independantly so you'd be able to have more than one button pressed at the time.

Comment

Awesome, I was misunderstanding what a node was. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X