Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swiftpoint Z pressure sensitive button & button overlay for 'additional' buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiftpoint Z pressure sensitive button & button overlay for 'additional' buttons

Good afternoon. I've used reWASD for some years now and recently upgraded to the top bracket so I think I should have all the options.

2 things.

1) The ability to add additional buttons to the reWASD is fantastic. However it's not overly aesthetically useful. When we 'add additional' button, is there anyway to create a circular interactable button which you can move around on the screen and place it in relation to where it is on the mouse?

So for example, your current default mouse has the 2 buttons on top, the middle scroll wheel and 2 mouse buttons on the left hand side. If I add a new button, it'd be great to have a small circle pop up on the screen that i can drag to the appropriate location on the mouse. Just for future reference when i want to alter that button.

2) On the Swiftpoint Z mouse, the left and right buttons are pressure sensitive. On the Swift point software I can alter the function depending on how hard I press it. So for example, right button press is aim down scope, and then anything after 50% pressure is aim down scope + hold breath. I know not many mice have this feature, but is it something that is available on reWASD?

thanks!

Hey there! Thank you for your suggestions. But, I am not sure if we could add both these things to reWASD in the nearest future.

1) The ability to add additional buttons to the reWASD is fantastic. However it's not overly aesthetically useful. When we 'add additional' button, is there anyway to create a circular interactable button which you can move around on the screen and place it in relation to where it is on the mouse?
    Pretty interesting idea. There is no way we could associate the additional mouse buttons with your physical mouse. Each mouse reports up to 5 buttons only, and all those additional things are a part of the keyboard. Still, we could let users adjust the picture, but it is a big task, and so I won't promise you any fast updates.

2) On the Swiftpoint Z mouse, the left and right buttons are pressure sensitive. On the Swift point software I can alter the function depending on how hard I press it. So for example, right button press is aim down scope, and then anything after 50% pressure is aim down scope + hold breath. I know not many mice have this feature, but is it something that is available on reWASD?
    We support the triggers of any gamepad, and we are planning to add the support of the analog buttons on PS3 controller in one of the next versions. So, I think, it should be possible for mice, but at the moment, we do not support all those amazing things Swiftpoint Z has, and we do not even have this device. We consider adding the full support of it, but again, I am not sure when.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

1) Yeah, to be fair, there are 8 additional buttons I've mapped already using your normal method. Each button has 1-2 functions on them. Works like a charm.

Even something as simple as Black circles on the screen which we can drag into the appropriate place would be a huge benefit as I can immediately tell where my buttons are (see attached).

2) Understood. Yes I've used it on my elite controller. It's a bit of a unique mouse and I appreciate not many people have it.

To be fair, your software has amazingly replicated a lot of the functions already and gone above it. (they don't offer triple or double presses whereas yours does). It also doesn't have any 'shift' functions, but I don't see why you'd need it with all your other options.

The 4 unique functions the mouse seems to have;
      1) Short and Long press on buttons - You already support this.
      2) Pressure press on buttons - Not supported
      3) Tilt function of mouse - You already support this as I can assign tilt left and right to keyboard buttons which for example, allow you to roll a plane left and right. However, it similar to #2 it also has additional % tilts which aren't necessary but a nice bonus.
      4) Unique button placement (not software related)

Thanks again for the software and hope to see something like point 1 in the future!

Attached Files

Comment

Frankly speaking, I am a bit surprised about how you use Tilt in reWASD, wow! Am I right, you are talking about the gyroscope this mouse has? Nice workaround

Yes, all your suggestion are taken into account. Thank you for the details.

Comment

Yeah, the mouse is able to tilt left and right and then forwards and backwards.

On the mouse you can assign the level of tilt (default of 12 degrees) and the action that occurs, it has an additional secondary tilt function at around 25 degree tilt (which I haven't used).

I assigned left/right default tilts to { and } on the keyboard. Then on reWASD I just repeated the assignment in the 'additional buttons' section.

In a game like PUBG or Rainbow 6 you can for example use { and } as your lean left and lean right movements.. or in BF5 for vehicles to roll left and right. In my case in PUBG I assigned it to non-movement functions like 'use bandage', and 'use booster'. Haven't tried to secondary tilt or forwards/backwards, but it's the same principle so no reason why it wouldn't work.

Comment

Infact now thinking about it, I guess you could apply the same princple to the pressure buttons at the front.

If I use left and right right trigger as normal shoot and aim... I can theoretically set right button to aim, and 50% right button pressure to a random key on the keyboard (say 'b'). Then in reWASD I could set 'b' to 'right mouse button + shift' to replicate the zoom/hold breath function in game.

Only thing I'm not sure about is whether the software might kick me out of zoom temporarily when going from 50% to 51% and then go back into zoom and hold breath. I'll try it tonight and let you know!

Comment

Thank you for the details! It will certainly help other users with this mouse. Hope the pressure buttons could be used this way too

Comment

Pressure button didn't work

As I thought when it crosses the 50/51% threshold, it let's go of the original button and then presses again along with the shift key as well. This causes you to go out of zoom.

No big deal, I'll see if I can find a work around.

Comment

Thank you for the investigation. Will keep this device in mind for more dedicated support

Comment

Working...
                  X