Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility question

Hey,
    Theres a few games comming out lately that only support controllers on steam.
    I did read you are able to map keyboard to mouse and controller but is it also possible
    to map a whole controller to keyboard and mouse?

If that is then the biggest question if the game itself would recognize the program.

it's mainly for the ninja gaiden games.

thanks in advance

Hello!

Yes, you can use keyboard and mouse as a controller with reWASD. You can map any button the controller has to the physical devices you want to use. Also, we emulate swipes and touchpad taps and click on the virtual DS4 controller. The only thing that is not implemented yet is a gyroscope emulation.

I suggest that you try to check the trial mode of reWASD (14 days for the basic functionality and 3 days for the advanced features — you will need Advanced mapping at least to be able to map mouse moves to the virtual stick). Here is the video that describes how to start.

Comment

First of all, apologies for highjacking this topic, title suites my needs a bit.
      I wanted to avoid making whole new topic just to ask simple question and probably receive reply in second post.

Next, reWASD is awesome! i was aware of reWASD for quite some time, however never really had to need to actually have it.
      Lately, i started having Carpal tunnel syndrome due to a lot of time of gaming and drawing/tattooing. It was inevitable and i was aware of it, but eh, when actually happened it limited my gaming time a lot in order to be able to tattoo and actually work.

This automatically shelved my collection of controllers, too bad, and almost gave up on gaming completely.
      Then i run onto reWASD and saw that im able to use Nintendo JoyCons as controllers out of the box without tinkering a lot and, ,tbh, all features that i needed is packed in one program with ease of use. Man, i was literally born again!

BUT, we are all aware of.. how delicate Joycons can be, issues with stick's drift that shows up quickly.. Which forced me to look for alternatives.
      So i run onto Razer JungleCat and made me wonder.. maybe?

I was scavenging all over the internet for few hours now (as well as on this forum) and i was unable to find info that i was looking for before i commit to hefty purchase that hurts my wallet.

Question is simple. Has anyone tested/tried or knows does reWASD support Razer JungleCat?

I know that it can work on PC with x360ce sooo technically i could fake it as x360 controller and then run reWASD but that sounds (and feels) a bit janky like im emulating controller on top of controller.
      Ty in advance for reply and.. reWASD devs.. keep up the good work! <3

Comment

Originally Posted by s4boi View Post
        Has anyone tested/tried or knows does reWASD support Razer JungleCat?
        I don't think our team have tested any android-oriented gamepads yet. At least this one isn't on our supported devices list.

Did I get it right, that you've yet to buy it? If so, check if it has an XINPUT mode. If it does, there's a high chance it will be detected by reWASD as Xbox 360 gamepad without any additional software installed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          I don't think our team have tested any android-oriented gamepads yet. At least this one isn't on our supported devices list.

Did I get it right, that you've yet to buy it? If so, check if it has an XINPUT mode. If it does, there's a high chance it will be detected by reWASD as Xbox 360 gamepad without any additional software installed.
          Ty for fast reply!

Yeah, supported list is first thing that i checked out and correct, i was yet to buy it as my experience with Razer so far is somewhat decent so i didn't wait to jump neck deep in poop if i don't need to.
          Razer requires A LOT of beforehand investigation as they are usually holding of detailed/small (or any) technical details that are "not important" for wider audience and just use basic marketing with "flashy" words, graphics and videos. So far i managed to save my self from one or two Razer commits that wouldn't suite my needs.

Your reply helped a lot. I had a starting point to what piece of info i should specifically look for.
          And yes, it appears that both, JungleCat and Kishi are using XINPUT.

Comment

Working...
          X