Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games think my elite2 controller remap is knm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games think my elite2 controller remap is knm?

I finally figured out how to remap my Xbox elite 2 controller with keyboard and mouse keys and clicks.
    I get into a steam game and it works as I intended it to! However, I don’t get the controller benefits because it thinks I am on keyboard and mouse.
    why does everything have to be so difficult?
    I just want old school halo legacy controls on games that don’t offer it, along with the aim assist from controller. I thought this software could do that, but instead it’s basically just remapping the keys without the game knowing that I am now on a controller.
    Am I doing something wrong??
    Thanks

As you mentioned, you have mapped keyboard and mouse inputs to the Xbox Elite. Because it emulates the mouse and keyboard keys, you get the keyboard and mouse input.

If you wish to get aim assist, use the gamepad configuration and gamepad mappings. You will not get the aim assist if you use the keyboard and mouse...

Our software is not aim assist. We are remapping software and we always were.

Aim assist is being provided by the game if it detects gamepad as an input device, not the keyboard and mouse. At the same side, if the game does not support gamepads at all, there is no way you can get an aim assist as the gamepad support is not available in the game, and the only thing left is just to play using keyboard and mouse mappings at your gamepad. There will be no aim assist, but you will have a possibility to play the game using gamepad in general.

Comment

Gotcha. So then what do I group before I remap the controller? Elite2 and virtual controller? Then remap the elite2?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gewny pewn View Post
        Gotcha. So then what do I group before I remap the controller? Elite2 and virtual controller? Then remap the elite2?
        You only need to group the devices to which you intend to apply the config. If you want to make your Elite 2 work as a keyboard and mouse and use only your gamepad to play, you don't need to group anything. Just apply your config to your gamepad.

Comment

Working...
        X