Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I change the monitor where the Desktop Overlay items appear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change the monitor where the Desktop Overlay items appear?

I have a two-monitor setup. The two monitors are identical - purchased at the same time, same model and size. One is connected via HDMI and the other DP (using a DP -> HDMI cable). I'd like to set some of the Desktop Overlay features to appear on the secondary monitor so they don't get in the way of fullscreen games running on the primary one.

When I open Preferences > Desktop Overlay, I see that each of the three items in this menu (Notifications, Mappings, and Virtual controller tester) have a Position section. This section has a dropdown box that lists my monitor's model number twice. I assume from context that this is a monitor selection, and that if I had different monitors, I'd see each of their model numbers here.

Here's the part that confuses me. If I change the value of that dropdown to the other monitor, but make no other changes, the Apply button is still disabled as if I've made no changes. I have to make another change on the same page before the Apply button will enable itself again. Clicking the Apply button applies other changes as expected, but the overlay features still appear on the same (primary) monitor, regardless of which item I choose in the dropdown.

I'm guessing one of two things is going on:
    1. I misunderstand the purpose of that dropdown
    2. Something in this screen is only comparing the text value of that dropdown instead of other considerations like monitor index, so since the text is identical for my two monitors, it doesn't notice that I've tried to change anything. This would explain why the Apply button doesn't enable itself when I change this dropdown.
    I hesitate to call this a bug report, since it's very possible I'm doing something wrong, but if so, I don't know what I'm messing up. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!

Here is a screenshot to demonstrate how my settings page looks:

The dropdown under the Position section has the same item twice

Hello!
    It looks like a bug. We will check it and try to fix as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting.

Comment

I had somewhat of a same bug. Didn't recognize any of my monitors. I put rewasd on second monitor. Closed it. Relaunched it. It now recognizes both of my monitors and works fine.

Comment

Pretty strange. If it happens again, could you please describe more details (which monitors you have, how are they shown in reWASD?

Comment

Hey there!

We have fixed the issue with two monitors, now the one you choose will be saved properly. Sorry for the inconvenience and please update to reWASD 5.8 to be sure that the issue won't happen again

Comment

Awesome! I can confirm that this issue doesn't happen in 5.8. Thank you all so much for the fix!

Comment

Happy to do our best for our users!

Comment

Working...
              X