Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to nest shift within shift that will override the parent-shift's bindings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to nest shift within shift that will override the parent-shift's bindings?

I have two shift modifiers that change the behavior of the right thumbstick on an Xbox Elite 1 controller that aren't working the way I need them to. First modifier [GREEN] is left trigger (LT) and disables right thumbstick aft direction when held. This works.

2nd modifier [ORANGE] is right upper backpaddle (RUBP) and disables the right thumbstick altogether (all thumbstick directions marked "unbind"). This works.

When I press both LT and RUBP together, I need RUBP [ORANGE] to take priority and disable the right thumbstick altogether, but this is not happening. LT [GREEN]'s thumbstick assignments are still active.

How can I achieve this?

reWASD doesn't have a "priority" for shifts. Shift modifiers work by "first come, first served" model, and cannot be changed directly, bypassing the main [Shift].

We are working on an upgrade to the [Shifts] system, which will change that and allow for the logic you've described. But we don't have ETA for this yet.

Comment

Ah, that's a bummer. Thanks for the info. Do you have any other methods in mind available in reWASD now that I'm missing that could provide different functions to the thumbstick based on 1+nil button hold and a 1+2 button hold scheme?

Comment

Currently [Shifts] are the only system that allows dynamic change of mappings. You can use [Shortcuts] of one or more buttons with a stick zone, but they can't be used to disable a stick input entirely.

Comment

Working...
        X