Works for some games not for others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Works for some games not for others?

Been scratching my head at this for weeks, didn't know a forum was here *facepalm*...

So I am trying to get my PS4 controller to work on certain games. Some games it works fine, some it doesn't. The profile is just a standard PS4 controller nothing remapped.
    Games it won't work on for example: Battlefield 4, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Nioh 1 & 2 ( steam is terrible with controller support I refuse to use it )
    At the moment I am using rewasd on most games, then if it doesn't work swapping to x360ce that works on the games rewasd doesn't. Maybe that info helps not saying x360ce is good, it's crap compared to rewasd haha but maybe it'll shed some light on what x360ce is doing that rewasd doesn't to make it work? Is there any debugging I can do to see what's going on?

Hello
    It seems that it happens because the game doesn't detect the controller. Try to restart the game with all its launchers after you click apply. So, close the game, apply a config, then open the game

Also, please check other virtual gamepad types here. Change the type, apply a config, restart the game and check:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bfb73ef7dd.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	226126

Comment

Hey there! Many games are not that good with detecting the controllers on the fly. When you apply a config, a new controller is created in the system. If the game was launched, it may not see it.

When you use x360ce, as far as I remember, you should also add some files to the in-game folder, so maybe this is the clue.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions both. I only have one profile that's always applied, tried applying before launching, unplugging then replugging then launching, still the same. As for x360ce adding file to the in-game folder, i've never had to do that.

Comment

Pretty strange, reWASD works good with all the games we have tested, and our users have the same results. Have you tried to change the device type? There are not many PC games tat support PS4 controller fully, while they are working with Xbox 360 and One.

Also, do you have several physical devices? Or maybe you use other mappers? Once the config is applied, could you please open joy.cpl (the native tool for gamepad testing) to see how many gamepads are there?

Comment

Yeah I might have to grab another xbox controller then, they just break so easily had this ps4 controller for 3-4years, xbox controllers go through atleast 1 a year
            2 gamepads show up , Joystick (Razer Tartarus V2) and Wireless Controller. Wireless Controller set a preferred.
            Joystick is disabled in rewasd but I see how games could detect that as a controller, I'll try with that unplugged, not a long term solution though as it's my keyboard lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by trowieuk View Post
              Yeah I might have to grab another xbox controller then, they just break so easily had this ps4 controller for 3-4years, xbox controllers go through atleast 1 a year
              2 gamepads show up , Joystick (Razer Tartarus V2) and Wireless Controller. Wireless Controller set a preferred.
              Joystick is disabled in rewasd but I see how games could detect that as a controller, I'll try with that unplugged, not a long term solution though as it's my keyboard lol.
              You do not need to get another physical controller, I am about the virtual one that could be changed here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fde7ebeaf2.png
Views:	695
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	226266

It might be a bit inconvenient to use Xbox mappings on the PS4 controller, but it should be a solution.

Also, the joystick that is emulated with Razer is the thing that may prevent games from detecting the virtual controller we have, it is a common issue. You do not need to unplug it, you can just remove the Joystick itself. Here is the guide from Razer that describes this case.

Comment

I didn't know you could change the virtual one, thank you!
                Will have a play around with those two suggestions and let you know how it goes, thanks again.

Comment

Sure, hope it will help you

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us back.

Comment

It worked! \o/ Thank you all very much for your help!
                    That little toggle was infront of me this whole time haha

Comment

Yay, thanks for letting me know

Comment

Working...
                      X