Shift modifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift modifier

I’m having trouble setting up my shift modifier. For example. When I toggle shift, I want it to go straight to a ramp, and when I toggle out of shift, I want to go straight to weapons slot 1. I swear I was able to do this, but can’t figure it out now.
    also is it possible to choose a weapon in fortnite in shift mode and toggle out of shift and still be holding that weapon

thank you

To answer your question clearly, I need to understand the in-game mechanics and setup of Fortnite. Unfortunately, no one on our team plays Fortnite.
    Therefore, if you were able to implement it but forgot / don't understand how you did it - maybe this article will help you figure it out.
    We'll be happy to answer additional questions if they arise.

Comment

Hey there!

Maybe you have used a combination of Start and Release activators to make actions outside the Shift? Still, would appreciate if you show us your config and help with in-game mappings: which controls are used for this operation in Fortnite? Which physical devices do you use?

Comment

Thank you to both of you for your response. I will try to get that for you.
        I have found a fix using build mode from the controller. I play fortnite with left hand on my controller and right on mouse. Kind of odd I know but works very well for me.
        one problem I am having with the build mode button is it is only working on my controller but fails if put it on a mouse button. I have my controller hidden and controller, mouse and keyboard is in a group.
        I am thinking of adding a foot pedal to my group and put the shift modifier with B button (build).

one last question do you know of any issues with this foot pedal
        iKKEGOL USB Foot Triple Switch Pedal HID [10149] -   With this foot control keyboard, you can control your computer with your foot, comes with 3 Pedal. And it comes with software allowing it to reproduce any keyboard shortcut or single key.Software can be free download from website http://software.pcsensor.com/pc_en.html Application: various intelligent control game, instrument control, factory testing, piano keyboard

Comment

Wanted to add that I’m using a mix of pc commands and controller commands. I have no problem sending pc command to my controller, just have issues sending controller commands to my mouse. So I’m concerned I won’t be able to send B button to foot pedal.

Comment

Originally Posted by jmenes View Post
            I’m having trouble setting up my shift modifier. For example. When I toggle shift, I want it to go straight to a ramp, and when I toggle out of shift, I want to go straight to weapons slot 1. I swear I was able to do this, but can’t figure it out now.
            When a button is used as a shift modifier its mapping stays the same as it was on main shift, meaning that the thing you've described would work only if you've mapped a [Combo] with [Combo break] to it. The combo should've looked like this:
            Code:
            "Select ramp" key > Combo Break > "Select weapon slot #1" key
            With every odd tap on that button it would toggle to selected shift and send "Select ramp" input, even - toggle back to main shift and "select weapon slot #1".

also is it possible to choose a weapon in fortnite in shift mode and toggle out of shift and still be holding that weapon
            As I've said above, mapping of a shift modifier doesn't change on that shift, meaning that the same mapping will fire on every toggle. If that mapping would be to "select a weapon in slot #n" key, that action will happen on every keypress.

one last question do you know of any issues with this foot pedal
            Don't think we had a chance to test out that foot pedal. Given how old that thing is and how description mentions native software being able to "remap" pedals to keyboard or mouse buttons, there is a chance that it would work, but might require to be initialized as a mouse and remapped via [Additional buttons] list, if detected in reWASD.

I have no problem sending pc command to my controller, just have issues sending controller commands to my mouse.
            This is a bit confusing. You remap your devices to virtual keyboard and mouse, right? In that case I don't understand why would you be "sending controller commands", especially "to your mouse". Did you mean remapping one of your sticks as a mouse?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I like some things the controller has and some things the pc has. For example in fornite, interact/reload is 1 button and on pc it is 2 buttons. I have limited real estate with my setup and your program is giving me multiple options which I’m trying to figure out. You may wonder why not leave controller commands on the controller and pc commands on the mouse. It’s mostly due to my comfort of where buttons are.

I think now my most important question is do you have a list of compatible foot controllers or a link? I don’t t want to buy one that doesn’t work. Then I will use my shift modifier on the foot pedal and be completely happy with my set up

I think you solved my shift issue, I will try that out later, thank you very much. You guys deserve credit trying to decrypt my messages, very good customer service

Comment

We have a list of supported devices here, but I'm afraid we don't officially support any pedal-type controllers. The ones that can send inputs as a standard keyboard, mouse or an XINPUT-based gamepad might get recognized. I think people from our team have tried some of those, so they might name a few.

Comment

Hey there! We haven't tested enough pedals to be sure, however, if this device reports a keyboard inside, it will certainly work. I think the one you are referring to should be working.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X