Laggy inputs when trying to use controller in left hand for Apex Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laggy inputs when trying to use controller in left hand for Apex Legends

Hello I just purchased Rewasd mostly to experiment with using a controller in my left hand and a mouse in my right on Apex Legends thanks to this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9War...el=KRATOZNIZMO
    I'm having trouble with stability in game and in the program itself. Everything feels extremely laggy and in game whenever I just aim left and right its laggy. I'm just trying to emulate a keyboard with the left side of my controller. Whenever I try and press buttons, the more I press at the same time, the laggier it gets. Im getting 90fps no problem when this is happening too, so is there something I'm doing wrong settings wise?

Please make sure all the mappings have the Unmaps feature enabled. If the Unmaps feature is not activated, this means the game will detect both inputs, from your gamepad (xinput/dinput) and keyboard at the same time, and it may be followed by lags, shuttering.
    Only one input type should be used in-game. And also, make sure your mouse is in the group with your controller.

Comment

Also, please try selecting your physical mouse and keyboard in reWASD preferences at the input devices tab, so our virtual keyboard and mouse are working on behalf of your physical mouse and keyboard:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	795
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	226264

Comment

Hey, I tried the advice here but still having the stuttering issue. This is a link to my config: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iy8nv...+1.rewasd/file

Comment

Thank you for the config. It looks fine, but I do not see any configuration for the mouse. I assume, you have not added it in the group with your mouse. Just try creating the group for your mouse and gamepad and adjust the mappings correspondingly.

Just a guess, but do you have the Xbox Elite controller? If so, please make sure to use the 'empty' config in Xbox Accessories app.

Still, this is just a possible fix, as your config looks fine, there is nothing that may cause the lags, shutters, as everything is set up correctly.

Also, as we really do not understand what is a lag itself, we would appreciate it, if you can send us the video of a lag itself, so we can understand what's going on.

Comment

I'm using a standard Xbox One controller. He is a link to my video of what I'm experiencing. (Im sorry that its a longer video but I felt the need to explain the situation better)
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

I do appreciate the videos provided.

1st, about the issue with the Apple keyboard. It is not exactly the issue, but since our app uses the Windows information for the naming of devices, if Windows reported the device as Bluetooth peripheral device, this is exactly as it will be shown in reWASD. It is only because it was detected as 'Bluetooth peripheral device' by the Windows itself. If Windows could detect the device as Apple Magic Keyboard, the naming would be the same. So in that case, it only depends on a Windows report for the keyboard you have.

LGVirHid devices are the virtual devices that were created by Logitech software for their internal remapping needs. You can ignore them or Hide in reWASD, they will not be needed.

The input device settings determine on behalf of which device the actions should be completed. As you are mapping the keyboard buttons to the gamepad, our app, by default, creates an absolutely different, virtual keyboard for the remapping, and the game reads the input from the virtual device. Still, in your case, as you selected the Bluetooth Peripheral device, your gamepad will reproduce the mappings on behalf of your Apple keyboard. Mainly, this feature was created for Valorant game's issue fix, as the game read the input from the physical device only, but that does not matter for your case. You can feel free to select reWASD virtual keyboard and reWASD virtual mouse in the input device settings. It should work fine in apex.

We can see that your devices are grouped up correctly, still, please try adding the mappings to your mouse at reWASD's mouse tab. This guide should help. Please use the standard mappings for the mouse.
              Also, you can try excluding the mouse from the group of devices, as we can now see that the mouse is being used as default (no mappings are assigned to the mouse).

One additional thing is making sure that you own the Advanced mapping feature. Unmaps are working only if you have this feature with the license itself. They may not work if you are not the owner of the feature, and as a result, the input switch from the keyboard to gamepad is causing the shutters.

2nd, about the main issue with the lags in Apex. Unfortunately, it is not still clear of what the issue is. We would appreciate it, if you could record the same video with enabling the in-game mapping appearing for the in-game actions. It still seems like a constant input switch, but to be sure, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with the video, where the in-game mappings are shown (overlay ones, e.g. button 4 for healing, R for reloading, etc.), so we can see if the input is being changed during the lags.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X