Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How make shortcut more permissive (higher delay between buttons to trigger shortcut)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How make shortcut more permissive (higher delay between buttons to trigger shortcut)?

Hi,

I wanted to use a shortcut that would trigger a macro when pressing LB + up D-pad on xbox controller. The only thing is that i don't always push all the buttons at once. I often push LB and D-pad a sec after (while still having LB pushed down ofc, so they are both technically pushed down, and those are the only two buttons pushed). But Rewasd doesn't consider this a "shortcut", they would have to be executed very very fast for that.

How to have a shortcut that would trigger as long as we have a series of buttons pushed down? even though they are not exactly pushed at the exact same time. I searched in options I've seen many things in "Confirmations" and "press time" but i'm not sure what to tweak to resolve it, if it's even possible.

Thank you for your help.

Hello there!

The only way to adjust it is just making the activation time longer.
    Please visit reWASD preferences - Press Time - Shortcut press time.

1st button in a sequence of shortcut will be waiting for the input of the 2nd one for the amount of time specified for this parameter. Unfortunately, it is an only way to adjust it as is.

Another possible method is putting the shortcut as a Shift modifier.
    Let me explain. In your particular case, you can make LB as a Shift modifier. Once you press and hold LB, you will enter absolutely different layer, that you can set it up as you want.
    In this Shift layer, make the mapping for DPAD as you wish. Once you have the LB as a Shift modifier and once a Dpad has a mapping assigned to it, the following will happen:
    Once the LB is held, the layout of your mappings will change. As you have the needed mapping assigned to the Dpad, a combination of keys will work as a shortcut, but it will be the Shift Layer change.

The details about the Shift Mode can be checked here.

Comment

Yeah, bad idea to begin with. Something i didn't think about at all is that i completely ruins the reactivity of the button since now rewasd is waiting for the combo to start before activating the normal input. If there is no way around it (and i don't think there is), i'm gonna scrap this idea.

I'm gonna try to do something with Shift modifier, which seems very interesting overall. I should have gotten a closer look at this function a long time ago, it can be really useful. Thank you for explaining it to me.

I also thought about a workaround, but it's probably worth another thread since it's gonna be off topic now. Please, tell me if i should, but while am at it : I'm trying to make a long press LB trigger "up Dpad" while still keeping LB function as it is. So a long press LB would always keep LB pressed, but as soon as the long press is recognized, would just insert one single input (a press down and release "up Dpad"). That would end up being kinda the same as i wanted to do to begin with.

I tried combo LB + UpDpad "execute at once", but then, the LB gets released and i want it to keep being pressed. And LB + UpDpad "hold until release" force me to have the Dpad keep being pressed I need one simple input.

Thank you for your great help.

Comment

So, once [LB] is pressed it should work as is, but when it is held for certain amount of time [D-Pad Up] must be tapped, right? If you have [Key Combo] and [Rapid Fire] features, this [Combo] with a [Turbo] flag enabled should do what you want:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	384
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	226282

First pause is a time you have to hold [LB] for to trigger [D-Pad Up] tap. Second pause should be at least of 17ms value. A [Turbo] flag is there to stop the combo once you release the actual button. And the last pause is there to prevent repeat of the combo.

Comment

Yes, i bought the whole version of the software. It seems to do exactly what i wanted, i need to test it further but i'm really happy with the result so far. Thanks a lot, it's really amazing!

Interesting thought. I also tried to do the same combo on just LB, instead of long pressed LB. I also works, and seems snappier (which is logical). Couldn't i use your key combo with LB in turbo provided it only press LB for less than a sec anyway for any other cases?

Comment

I'd need a more detailed description of at least one of "other cases" to give an example.

For a button to be held for certain amount of time in a combo you'd have to add a pause between press and release nodes of the same button. Its value is the time in milliseconds. You can read about [Combo Editor] here.

Comment

Alright, let's state the corollary then : Let's say that the only time i'd be pressing RB more than 1 sec would be in that precise wanted case. In this case, using your key combo on RB single press rather than long press is a strict improvement in terms of reactivity, isn't it? And in any other situation (<1sec pressure), RB would virtually behave like it was the vanilla untouched input. It seems like it to me for now, but i'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Yes, that combo is meant for [Single Press] activator. It does exactly what you say. [D-Pad Up] tap will happen only when you hold [LB] for at least 1 second. You can change this time by changing first pause node value.

Comment

Ooh, but in your image, you were in the long press remapping (if you look at the indications above), and didn't specify where either, so I thought you wanted me to put the keys in long press.That's why i got confused and experimented the same key combo in single press also. Then all works fine. Very smooth until now. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X