Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible to make a specific window active using rewasd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible to make a specific window active using rewasd?

Hello,

I'm interested in using rewasd to help with PowerPoint presentations and wanted to see if a problem I have is possible to solve with rewasd. The two software I use are OBS (software to help livestream media to YouTube) and PowerPoint. The situation I have is that when I'm in OBS I sometime want to switch over to PowerPoint, advance a slide, and then switch back to OBS.

What I would like rewasd to do is the following:
    • Starting point is that I have OBS as the active window and then I want to click a button on my keyboard to run a rewasd script
    • that script would make PowerPoint the active window, hit the right arrow key to advance a slide, and then make OBS the active window again.
    • Ideally it would do this without me losing my mouse cursor position.
    Is what I'm asking for possible? The thing I'm not sure if rewasd can do is to make a specific application the active window.

Hi. reWASD cannot make a certain window active at program level. You can create a macro in the combo editor where you can set the keyboard actions you want (for example: alt+tab+right arrow key+alt+tab).
    That is the key combination will switch between the last windows, but will not select a particular application. In this case the cursor position will not be changed.
    More about the combo feature can be found in this article.

Comment

You can pin the app you want to open to the windows Taskbar and then you can use the windows key+the corresponding number of the pinned app to launch the app so you can use rewasd to launch a certain app that way

Comment

Working...
      X