Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to tilt the joycon when trying to use it as a mouse, any way to do it better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to tilt the joycon when trying to use it as a mouse, any way to do it better?

I downloaded betterjoy before rewasd and I could move the joycon as a mouse better then I could as if I were using rewasd. With rewasd I have to tilt the joycon and do a little maneuvering to get it to work like a mouse. Is there a way to get the mouse to work better with the Gyro or is there a program that works with betterjoy so I can remap the buttons and play games with it that way?

Our software supports the gyro remapping by default. You can check this article for the information about gyro, and its modes.

Comment

Is there a reason why Roll was chosen as the default steering axis for gyro? It just seems way less intuitive than Yaw for me when moving a mouse cursor.

Also is there a way to control that on a config level, because I'd like to share some configs but if people download them without knowing about the roll/yaw toggle they will have to change that first before it performs as it was intended.

Comment

We put the defaults according to the most user preferences and our own one as well. You can change it anytime by just visiting the reWASD preferences and changing the mode to another one.

It is something that is personal for each user, so we would like to leave it as it is now.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
          We put the defaults according to the most user preferences and our own one as well. You can change it anytime by just visiting the reWASD preferences and changing the mode to another one.

It is something that is personal for each user, so we would like to leave it as it is now.
          Fair enough, the roll for lateral movement seems so odd to me but if it works for people than I can see why it's there.

Comment

Working...
          X