Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple controllers with shift modifiers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple controllers with shift modifiers.

So, long story short, the paddles on my XBox Elite Series 2 controller are finicky and a pain in the butt, so I decided to try something different.
    I got two joycons and put them in a one-handed gripper so I could have it in my left hand. This gives me the thumbstick, d-pad, and FOUR shoulder buttons. (L, ZL, ZR, and R, because the second joycon is behind it)
    Then I was gonna hold my XBox controller in my right hand.

Originally I had two paddles set for two shift modifiers to change what ABXY and RB did. Well, since my paddles are trash, I figured using R and ZR on the back joycon in my left hand would do the trick!

So I set up a controller setup with Joycon L + Joycon R + XBox Elite. I unmapped all of the Joycon R buttons and then set up Joycon R's two shoulder buttons to be shift modifiers. The problem arose when I looked to the XBox controller and RB and RT were also set to shift mofidiers.

I did a little more tinkering and found out that if I pressed any of the face buttons on Joycon R that it would also light up the corresponding XBox Elite face buttons.

Is there any way to stop rewasd from thinking these should be mapped the same? I need them as separately mapped things. Thanks in advance!

Hello
    Unfortunately, this is not possible to implement. There can be only one shift modifier for all devices.

We plan to implement this feature in future updates.

Comment

Although the exact wording of your response suggests you didn't entirely understand the issue, the rep I spoke with on Discord definitely understood the issue. Thanks for responding!

When I map my right joycon's R button, it also maps the same thing onto my XBox controller's RB.
      Last edited by fridaywitch; 18.07.2021, 23:50.

Comment

Currently there is no way to set shift modifiers separately for each of the same-type devices (controller, keyboard or mouse).
        New [Shift] system is in the works and with it this will be possible. Though there is no ETA yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Currently there is no way to set shift modifiers separately for each of the same-type devices (controller, keyboard or mouse).
          New [Shift] system is in the works and with it this will be possible. Though there is no ETA yet.
          Awesome! Glad to hear you're working on it! I'm not likely to need it anymore when it comes out as I have a new elite controller on the way, but it's still good news regardless. You all rock! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X