ReWASD permission error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReWASD permission error

Hello, I have reinstalled the program several times, with a restart between them. I have tried disabling AV, have disabled win defender app and brower control, and it still dont work. here a picture of the program says. https://ibb.co/nR6kW34 I'm admin on my pc.

Hello!

This is a system error message that definitely tells about some system restrictions. There are methods official MS provided, that are used to resolve the problem.
    I would also recommend checking the permission of the C:\Program Files\reWASD. It has to be full control.

Can you please try the steps above and let me know about the results?

Comment

The program have every permission I can give it, still dont work. I have tried disable my av, and still dont work.

Comment

Hi
        Try running reWASD as administrator. If this does not help, then collect the logs so that we can determine the problem:

1. Extract "rewasdlogging_tracelog.zip" archive we shared with the link, we suggest to paste the folder to the C drive directory.

2. Open "rewasdlogging_tracelog" folder. You will be able to see two files (StartLog.bat and StopLog.bat). Open cmd as Administrator (click Windows key, type in cmd, and click Run as administrator) and navigate to a directory where rewasdlogging_tracelog.zip was extracted. To change the directory, type in "cd " and the path where rewasdlogging_tracelog is located, like this: "cd C:\rewasdlogging_tracelog".

3. Type StartLog.bat and click Enter. Logging should start right now.

4. Open reWASD, reproduce the steps you had issues with. Once done, back to cmd (Run as Administrator again) and type StopLog.bat.

5. Open "rewasdlogging_tracelog" folder, you will see logs.zip file. Please, send it to us here.

And another type of logs:

1. Make sure you have a shortcut for reWASD.exe or reWASDEngine.exe (depending on what type of logs our support team requests)

2. Right-click on the needed shortcut, open Properties

3. Find the Target field, and add " -tracetext" to it. This is how it must look like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	pref_startlog.png Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	226574

4. Press OK to close Properties, and launch reWASD or reWASD Engine using the modified shortcut

5. Now open File explorer, and go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs and send the newest reWASD TextTrace.txt file to us.

Comment

I emailed it.

Comment

Thank you, we got your message and will check the logs with a team.

Also, could you please collect the second type of logs? Here are the steps:

1. Make sure you have a shortcut for reWASD.exe
            2. Right-click on the needed shortcut, open Properties
            3. Find the Target field, and add " -tracetext" to it. This is how it must look like:
            4. Press OK to close Properties, and launch reWASD or using the modified shortcut
            5. Now open File explorer, and go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs and send the newest reWASD TextTrace.txt file to us.

Comment

Also, please check this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs

Are there any logs related to the setup file (installer)?

Comment

We have checked the logs, but most of them are empty. This proves the fact that reWASD could not even start on your PC. Again, it points us to the system restrictions you should try to fix from your side. Please try the steps from this article again or consider reinstalling the operating system. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

that you create a program that has a possibility of making a giant hiccup and refuse to work on a random computer, and probably require a OS reinstall, is not my fault. I have found another program that doesn't require every permission it can get.

Please fix it.

Comment

Your system obviously has issues. It is not a reWASD's fault that it can be run. Your system is not allowing our software of running properly. There is nothing we can do, as the software runs normally for people with a clean, not faulting system.

Thus, instead of blaming our software, that actually does nothing, as the failure is being caused by the administrative rights, access issues, please complete what was advised. If that does not help, contact the local PC repair service or reinstall Windows yourself.

reWASD does not cause such issues. The reWASD software cannot be run because the system of yours fails.

Comment

Working...
                    X