Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set a default profile and have exe specific profiles overlapping it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    We are looking forward to your results.

Comment

Hi,
      There is no result, if you've read the thread. I was looking to change configs without unplug signal. I currently can't.
      I'm gonna use the workaround suggested for now, using a keyboard key, even though that's far from optimal. That's it.

I'm actually the one looking forward to your updates if you ever decide to implement the config switch without the unplug signal. I could finally use the autodetect feature as it was meant to be used without any major drawback.

Comment

I for one would like this feature, the unplug thing is starting to grow old and the autodetect auto switch profile thing is a very neat feature but it causes issues for some of my games.

In some games the controller needs to be plugged in before starting the game for it to be recognized and for a few if I enable autodetect, controller inputs wont work but gyro and gamepad buttons mapped to keyboard will, unless I manually start the config for the game prior to starting it, if I dont I will have to restart the computer as restarting the game isnt enough. Using virtual xbox one controller in case you need to know

Unless im overlooking something? In which case I would be all ears!

Comment

Originally Posted by gsglobe View Post
          I for one would like this feature, the unplug thing is starting to grow old and the autodetect auto switch profile thing is a very neat feature but it causes issues for some of my games.

In some games the controller needs to be plugged in before starting the game for it to be recognized and for a few if I enable autodetect, controller inputs wont work but gyro and gamepad buttons mapped to keyboard will, unless I manually start the config for the game prior to starting it, if I dont I will have to restart the computer as restarting the game isnt enough. Using virtual xbox one controller in case you need to know

Unless im overlooking something? In which case I would be all ears!
          Hey!
          Specify in which games does this problem occur?

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post

Hey!
            Specify in which games does this problem occur?
            Hey!

Fortnite is one of them, Im sorry I dont keep track of all games my son is playing but I'd know about fortnite and few others as I hear him yelling 😅
            fortnite is a frequent played game however and its quite tiresome having to restart the pc if the controller isnt found.

Dualshock 4,joycon and normal xbox controller and the main controllers used and most times "virtual xbox controller" since I know some games doesnt register input from joycon and dualshock 4.
            buggy x being one of them if my memory serves right, either way its super annoying and Im hoping im just missing something here.

thanks!

Comment

Fortnite is naughty when talking about gamepads. But it supports DS4 controller too, so the first thing you could try is the following:

Check different types of Virtual controllers we have here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9074ff7b1c.png
Views:	583
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	226976

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                Hello!

Global (default) config is in our to-do list, but I am not sure about the ETA at the moment. But I have a kind of workaround for you now:

1. You do not need to add all exe files, just ensure that you have added explorer.exe and searchUI.exe (you can add them manually if you open the config file (*.rewasd) as a text file, so you won't need to search for them on your file system)
                2. Go to Preferences -> Tray Agent tab and uncheck Remove applied config on exit from the associated app option
                3. Create the configs for your games and adjust the associated apps like you need

Then, each time you get back to the Desktop, the default config will be applied and will stay there as long as you switch to the game.
                I tried this and it doesn't seem to work for me. If I have "Remove applied config on exit from the associated app" unchecked, then my game config remains active even after I quit out of the game. If I leave it checked, then the "default" config is active only when explorer or searchUI actually has input focus - as soon as you alt-tab away from it or launch another app, the controller returns to native behavior. What am I missing?

Comment

You need to make sure you have configured Autodetect correctly for the correct processes or game .exe files and for the desktop config.

Thus, when the Remove applied config on exit from the associated app option is disabled, alt + tab from game to desktop / explorer will switch your game config to desktop config (due to properly configured Autodetect for explorer.exe and searchUI .exe) and will then switch back to the game configuration when you return to the game.

If it doesn't, please send us screenshots of the full reWASD window showing the Associated Apps settings for your game and desktop configs.

Comment

Working...
                  X