Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Warfare Can't Select Input Device

Hey guys,

So I use a controller whilst on PC, and recently I'm unable to select my controller as the input device.

If the controller wasn't on and connected via Bluetooth, it would lock to K&M (obviously). However, the instant I connected my controller, the Input Device section in settings would be changeable so I can select Controller (whilst in the main menu, not in game as it's locked regardless whilst in game).

However, that doesn't happen anymore. If the controller has already disconnected due to inactivity, I'll turn my controller back on, connect to the PC and the Input Device section is still locked - it doesn't allow me to select controller anymore. If I hard reset the controller (long press the X and turn back on again), the Input Device section is unlocked and allows me to select Controller, for about 1 second, then goes back to being locked - I have been able to select Controller during this very brief period, but it's not responsive to controller commands.

The ONLY way I can now get it to work, is to fully reboot my computer, then select it again when launching the game. As soon as the controller disconnects, I have to restart my PC again and re-select controller.

I'm using a genuine Xbox Elite 2 controller, with the Xbox Accessories App on Windows 10, the Bluetooth is built into my motherboard. Nothing has changed system wise, just the game seems to be bugging recently.

This issue is with MW/WZ only, I can freely select the input device in Cold War. I have reinstalled MW/WZ completely, the issue still persists. Has anyone experienced this before, or does anyone know how to fix this? It's super annoying having to restart the PC if the controller turns off for inactivity. It use to work flawlessly, and now it's vexxing me out.

If you need any more information about the setup, please let me know!

Hello

Did I understand correctly that restarting the game doesn't help in any way? Does this problem appear if the game is running, or even if it was closed while the controller was disconnected?

Also check if you have any config applied.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello

Did I understand correctly that restarting the game doesn't help in any way? Does this problem appear if the game is running, or even if it was closed while the controller was disconnected?

Also check if you have any config applied.
      Restarting the game doesn't help, the input device is still locked - the ONLY way to get it to work is a full system reboot, with the controller connected BEFORE launching the game then it works. The instant it disconnects, the input device is locked on K&M and you cannot select Controller until you once again reboot the PC, with the controller connected before launching.

Yes, I have a config applied which maps 2 buttons to LSHIFT and the other 2 back buttons to A and B respectively.

Comment

As a side note, when the Remap is ON, the issue occurs. When the remap is OFF, the issue is gone and it works like normal

Comment

Did you remap paddles to [A] and [B] buttons as usual or via [Gamepad mapping]? Please use [Gamepad mapping], as this doesn't require a creation of a virtual controller, which might be a reason of your issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
            Did you remap paddles to [A] and [B] buttons as usual or via [Gamepad mapping]? Please use [Gamepad mapping], as this doesn't require a creation of a virtual controller, which might be a reason of your issue.

I did have A and B as usual via the reWASD mapping section, but I also have LShift mapped via this way as you cannot select LShift using Gamepad mapping.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Narey3117 View Post
              I did have A and B as usual via the reWASD mapping section, but I also have LShift mapped via this way as you cannot select LShift using Gamepad mapping.
              Remap paddles to [A] and [B] mappings via [Gamepad mapping]. Click on [Magic Wand] in the middle and disable whatever is enabled if possible. If this won't help, send a screenshot of reWASD app with [Gamepad] sub-config selected and face of the controller visible. Or send the config file you're using. You can find the file by right-clicking its name and selecting [Open file location].

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                Remap paddles to [A] and [B] mappings via [Gamepad mapping]. Click on [Magic Wand] in the middle and disable whatever is enabled if possible. If this won't help, send a screenshot of reWASD app with [Gamepad] sub-config selected and face of the controller visible. Or send the config file you're using. You can find the file by right-clicking its name and selecting [Open file location].
                Where is the Magic Wand? I can't seem to find it? BTW, I have uploaded my config file below if that helps.

Config: https://easyupload.io/ktr660

Comment

This is the [Magic Wand]:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-27_0-36-54.png
Views:	5535
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	226738

It seems your config is already set up not to require creation of virtual controller, so it all should be good now.

Comment

Seems to be working fine!!

Comment

Working...
                    X