PS4 Controller remapping not working after switching to Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 Controller remapping not working after switching to Bluetooth

Normally I use the controller via USB connection and I have all the remapping for it. After connecting with bluetooth, the application still recognize button input but it does not execute any commands at all.

Hello
    Can you describe in more detail how it looks? Is the controller recognized, but the config is not applied to it? Please send a video if possible.

Comment

I am sorry that I don't know how to make a video out of this. But I will try explaining as detail as I can below:
      My normal setup: PS4 controller + USB cable
      - I use "Key Combo" function to map multiple commands into a free button. Never had any issue at all. Everything goes smoothly

New setup: same PS4 controller + usb bluetooth dongle
      - I can use normal buttons of PS4 controller (X O triangle rectangular directions) just fine
      - Whenever I press the button which is remapped by "Key Combo" such as L2 and R2, (while the application is active) reWASD application responses by showing the button pressed as usual. BUT it doesn't execute the "Key Combo".

After connecting the USB cable (Bluetooth disabled)
      - I can use key combo functions as usual.

Comment

For your question if the controller is recognized, yes.
        The only difference is that the controller icon (on the left bottom of the app) has bluetooth sign added.

Comment

There is absolutely no difference for reWASD what connection type is being used. In case you switched it, make sure to reapply the config itself to your gamepad. As it is connected via BT, reWASD thinks that it is another controller and the same config might not work. Reapplying the config should fix this issue.

Comment

If you mean the apply button at the top left of the screen, I already did multiple times. I also tried switching between tabs (on the top), it didn't help.

Comment

Please send us the screenshot of a config applied to your controller.

At the same time, feel free to use the virtual gamepad tester of our app or checking the virtual controller tester online to check if the virtual controller works outside the game.

Comment

Hello thoraero !

Please try to perform the fresh restart for the controller relations following these steps:

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
                2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
                3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
                4. Apply the config again

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                  Hello thoraero !

Please try to perform the fresh restart for the controller relations following these steps:

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
                  2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
                  3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
                  4. Apply the config again
                  Does this clear my remapping data (e.g. key combo) I have created? If yes please advise how I backup the data before the reset?

Comment

Hey
                    Don't worry, configs and combos won't be deleted.

Comment

It works on bluetooth now BUT when I connected the USB cable, it's not working (the same way it did before). Please check the image. When I pressed a button, the app seemed to recognize it. But nothing worked in game.
                      So currently I need to choose between USB and bluetooth, and reset every time I need to change to the other connecting method. If you have a way out of this, please advise.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Unfortunately, this problem cannot be completely resolved yet, but it will be fixed in Update 5.8. This version will be released within a week.

Also, I see that you are using not the latest version of reWASD. Try upgrading to 5.7.1. You can download the update in the software Preferences or on the website.

Comment

I found that just by closing the game and reopen it solved the problem. Now I can use both connections.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X