Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can rewasd also remap the mute/program button on powerA series X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Badibbou View Post
    Found another another workaround, but this one i don't like, even though it works perfectly.

LS here means L down (L3 on PS i think) :
    I use rewasd to remap a button that naturally has a clone button function in a game like LS (when both LS and RB are indistinctly used for sprint), remap it to LT (aim) toggle and let the original LT button alone with its native function.
    I use programmable button from controller to assign LS to L back button. So L back button = LS (via controller) = LT toggle (via rewasd).

I don't like it cause it seals off one button from the controller. And it also won't work all the time with all games. So kinda meh.
    Thank you for your ideas! I unfortunately have no way to test your trick, because my controller does not have extra keys, but I'm sure someone from our team will check it out.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

reWASD works correctly with the rear paddles of Xbox Elite 1 and 2 controllers.
      Hi,
      yeah, but like, only only?
      Those are the only two controllers with back buttons/paddles in the world that are remappable with a software like rewasd? You don't know any alternative controller? That was my question.

If so, how come? Is Microsoft intentionally limiting third party controller manufacturers so they are the only ones on windows to have paddles with xinputs?
      So, if we don't like the Elite 1 or 2, it's over? We don't, and never will, have a controller that does the same work and that is not sold by Microsoft. I can't believe this is possible. There is something i'm missing here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Badibbou View Post

Hi,
        yeah, but like, only only?
        Those are the only two controllers with back buttons/paddles in the world that are remappable with a software like rewasd? You don't know any alternative controller? That was my question.

If so, how come? Is Microsoft intentionally limiting third party controller manufacturers so they are the only ones on windows to have paddles with xinputs?
        So, if we don't like the Elite 1 or 2, it's over? We don't, and never will, have a controller that does the same work and that is not sold by Microsoft. I can't believe this is possible. There is something i'm missing here.
        Unfortunately, we do not have the opportunity to buy for the test all the controllers in the world that are equipped with additional back buttons (paddles), at least because we do not even know about many models. But based on what we have tested all the time, it is possible to work directly only with paddles of Xbox Elite controllers. What's more, it's not really direct. You have to do certain things in advance in the Xbox Accessories App.
        And in general, I think many users use reWASD for the basic set of functionality, not just for the paddles.
        Of course, we would like to be able to remap the extra buttons of all controllers directly.
        But it depends not on us, but on the manufacturers of other controllers.
        I hope for your understanding.

Comment

I mean, you don't actually need to test all the controllers in the world, it was just a way of speaking. Realistically, the top 20 of the most sold controllers (compatible PC) would already roughly represent 80% of all the controllers used by people in the world, thus most of rewasd users and cases you'd have probably came across already. So, if you or any rewasd dev haven't, it means there is something fishy. Either a limitation deliberately imposed by Microsoft (I thought i read something like that) or simply a limitation that happened to be there with W10 when i comes to controllers and the number of mappable buttons but that only Microsoft can bypass via their app (which ends up being kinda the same).

Even if i don't know what, something is clearly wrong here. Am i the only one to think that?
          I also read that Microsoft didn't allow third party controllers to use their wireless proprietary technology (all non microsoft controllers i came across are indeed wired). Well, maybe it's something similar. So, if true, I'm not sure why you often suggest me to contact manufacturers. They wouldn't be able to do anything to begin with, even if they wanted to.

Comment

Microsoft is the only developer that has added a unique paddle report on their controllers. Each paddle on the Xbox Elite is reported as a unique control, while the rest of the controllers use standard buttons.

We ask users to contact the manufacturer because only they can configure a unique report of additional buttons on their controller.

Comment

Working...
            X