Xbox X/S controller and FiveM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox X/S controller and FiveM

I remapped the down arrow of the D-pad to the letter B to activate my seatbelt. That works fine but it also still does what FiveM originally put into place which is "character selector'. Anyone know how to prevent what FiveM has made as the default? Thanks for any help.

Unmaps feature is that you need. If you remapped the key to the different one, and you wish to use only the remapped keys, without the initial input, please activate that feature for your mappings.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Unmaps feature is that you need. If you remapped the key to the different one, and you wish to use only the remapped keys, without the initial input, please activate that feature for your mappings.
      Thank you for the suggestion. That didn't change anything. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-04 124309.png
Views:	1268
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	226856

Comment

Hey there!

At the moment, you are applying a config to the mouse instead of your gamepad. Please choose Xbox at the bottom left corner and click Apply again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ce5fd6141a.png
Views:	952
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	226859

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          Hey there!

At the moment, you are applying a config to the mouse instead of your gamepad. Please choose Xbox at the bottom left corner and click Apply again:

Name:	ce5fd6141a.png
Views:	952
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	226859
          This is how I'm doing it now. FiveM is still doing it's function along with my function. Thanks for any help. (I hid a few devices I do not plan to use with reWASD).

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-04 171850.png
Views:	1161
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	226867

Comment

This probably happens because the game gets confused between the two inputs (keyboard and gamepad). If you move with d-pads or sticks and then emulate pressing the keyboard B or ESC, the game cannot figure out which input to work with.
            To prevent this from happening, you need to apply keyboard mappings to all your physical gamepad keys.
            Simply put: you need to remap your gamepad into a keyboard + mouse. Then the game will work with one input method.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
              This probably happens because the game gets confused between the two inputs (keyboard and gamepad). If you move with d-pads or sticks and then emulate pressing the keyboard B or ESC, the game cannot figure out which input to work with.
              To prevent this from happening, you need to apply keyboard mappings to all your physical gamepad keys.
              Simply put: you need to remap your gamepad into a keyboard + mouse. Then the game will work with one input method.
              Thanks. I really don't understand this but I will work on it. I'm going to download a community created configuration and hopefully make changes to it to my liking.

Comment

Yeah this program is way to complicated for me. The pre-made configurations make my character at like a crazy person and it's above my skill level to figure out to fix this.

Comment

Originally Posted by Double Tap View Post

Yeah this program is way to complicated for me. The pre-made configurations make my character at like a crazy person and it's above my skill level to figure out to fix this.
                  No problem. That's why the support team and this forum were created, to help users understand the application.
                  Can you send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your configuration on it? I'm interested in the config with which your character becomes "crazy".

Comment

No problem. That's why the support team and this forum were created, to help users understand the application.
                    Can you send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your configuration on it? I'm interested in the config with which your character becomes "crazy".
                    I'll be away for a few days but will get back you. A friend also just purchased this application and is trying to help me.

Comment

I think I know what you mean. Should I select Unmap for every physical button?

Comment

I think I know what you mean. Should I select Unmap for every physical button?
                        If you want to emulate keyboard input when playing on the gamepad, you need to apply keyboard mappings to the buttons of your controller you need, and apply Unmap to all physical keys to avoid input switching in the game.

Comment

If you want to emulate keyboard input when playing on the gamepad, you need to apply keyboard mappings to the buttons of your controller you need, and apply Unmap to all physical keys to avoid input switching in the game.
                          Thank you for your help. I will work on this evening.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will work on this evening.
                            We are always happy to help!

Comment

We are always happy to help!
                              Should I only assign functions related to movement to my D-Pad and (I’m not exactly sure what you call it) the button when you push down on a joystick?

Comment

Working...
                              X