Warzone keybinds for Sony Nav + Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warzone keybinds for Sony Nav + Mouse

I have been using the Xim Apex to use a Sony nav controller and mouse on PC. However, you will never get the true feeling of using a mouse natively on a Xim. Way back when, I tried to use a product similar to reWASD, but I had issues (specific to Warzone) with keybinds because the game recognized me as using KBM. In warzone, the keyboard control actions are much more than the controller. For example: you use the same button on the xbox controller to reload, open doors and cases, and enter/exit vehicles, but keyboard requires you to use a different key for each of these actions (or at least some of them). This made it impossible for me as there were just too many actions and not enough buttons on my sony nav and mouse. Is there a way around this so that I can get the native mouse feel and movement but still be able to bind my buttons the same way I would on controller?

Hey there!
    Warzone can only work with one input method (either kb&m or controller).
    If you want to continue to use your controller + mouse to play, you only have 2 options at this point:
    1. Reassign both your mouse and controller to gamepad mappings, but then you won't get 100% similar behavior of the virtual stick to your physical mouse. To achieve the most similar result, you will need to spend some time on the Advanced Mouse Settings.
    If you do so, you should have enough keys to do all the actions in the game.
    2. Remap your PS Nav controller into a keyboard and use the mouse as a physical mouse. Then you get comfortable aiming from the native mouse behavior, but as you mentioned you won't have enough mappings for all the actions in the game.
    Unfortunately, I have nothing to advise you to regard the workaround (third) option.

Comment

Hello Bretchin !

I have one idea for your case. All actions that share the same button on the controller could not be launched at the same time. So, in one case the game recognizes the action as "reload", in another, as "open something". You could try to map several keyboard keys using Hold until release combo. Then, one controller button will be sending a few keys at once, while the game will react only on the key that could be used in this particular situation. I hope it will help.

Also, you could get more actions using Shift mode or Activators. It will be less convenient, but sounds like a good workaround still.

Comment

Working...
      X