Bluetooth Controller for iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Controller for iPhone?

I want to play Terraria mobile with a keyboard and mouse. I have an iPhone (XR with the latest update) and a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The mouse and keyboard connect to my phone fine, but Terraria doesn't work very well with a keyboard and mouse. Basic touches work, and basic movements work, but I can't rebind anything. A controller on the other hand can rebind movement, quick heal, inventory management, and all that nice stuff. I recently found reWASD and I think it'll work?

Basically, a game I want to play doesn't work well with a keyboard and mouse but works amazingly with my ps4 controller.

I figured out how to use reWASD to bind stuff like WASD to the left joystick, left mouse click to right trigger (R2), and all that stuff.

The thing here is I don't want to use reWASD to play a controller game on the same PC. I want to use my Windows 10 with its keyboard and mouse to pretend to be a Bluetooth gamepad, so I can play on my phone.

That way inside the game I could say rebind inventory to Triangle on the ps4 controller, and then on reWASD, I could bind E to Triangle, so when I press E on my keyboard, my phone thinks triangle was pressed on a gamepad it's connected to.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that reWASD is capable of this, but I just found it recently and can't figure out how to make it work. Any and all help is massively appreciated.

btw another minor thing: When I rotate my screen to play a landscape game like Terraria, the mouse inputs don't adjust so I have to use a raspberry pi to swap the coordinates. I can't do that if I use reWASD. Does reWASD have any way of rotating the mouse input like that?

Thanks.

Hi.
    Yes that should be possible with no issues, however it depends a lot on the Bluetooth adapter installed on your PC and its performance.
    Please check this article. It explains how to create an external virtual controller using your PC's Bluetooth adapter.
    This article is written for PS4, however the same might be done on any device that supports our virtual controller.
    Feel free to try. Good luck!

Comment

At the moment there is a problem with the performance of our servers.
      We will try to fix it as soon as possible.
      We hope for your understanding.

Comment

Hey again, yeah I saw it on Twitter. Sorry I accidentally deleted my reply when I was trying to edit it.

Anyways, the guide link you gave me was a huge help. The app's been working again for a little while and I've been working on trying to make the mouse work. The keyboard still works beautifully, but the mouse is still giving me issues. The only success I've had was trying to re-initialize my mouse as the "programmable mouse" option. That actually worked a little bit as now the buttons are working. Left-click, right-click, even the scroll wheel, all the buttons work great. The only thing stopping me from perfection is that the mouse movement isn't being picked up. I tried really hard finding the solution on forums, google, messing around with the reWASD app, nothing. The keyboard works, mouse clicks work, no mouse movement is sent.

The only thing I know that MIGHT help is that my Windows computer detects my keyboard as "Dell USB Wired Entry Keyboard" which describes it pretty well. reWASD detects it by the exact same name

My mouse on the other hand is detected by the Windows as "Logitech Unifying Receiver", and reWASD detects it as "USB receiver". I'm not sure if it means anything but the icon for the keyboard is a keyboard, and the icon for the mouse both by Windows and reWASD is a keyboard with a mouse.

I really don't know what I'm talking about here. I looked it up and it seems one can connect multiple Logitech devices under a single dongle, which may be why reWASD isn't picking it up right away as a mouse. If that's the case I still wouldn't know the solution. Anyways, so far you've been really helpful. Thanks a ton so far, and in advance.

Comment

What you described is the incorrect device initialization. Simply, wrong type of device was selected within reWASD first launch.
          Please check this video out.

Comment

Thanks. I now got it working. So I bound the movement of the mouse to the right joystick of a DS4 controller which is what one uses to aim in Terraria. Right now, reWASD is working as I intended it to. It converts all my keyboard inputs into controller ones which Terraria can recognize, and it recognizes the mouse movements and buttons as well. Sooooo, problem solved. Everything works. Thanks for the help!

Although there's another thing. The mouse movement gets picked up as joystick movement which is what was intended, although now that I have it working, there are some limitations. Terraria has two cursor modes, the first works really weirdly with a mouse (see the second video), and the second cursor mode does snapping (jumping to the next closest target) which feels really unnatural on a mouse, and you can't actually use the mouse as a mouse. The buttons work great, but because the mouse is interpreted as a controller it works weirdly. It's a bit hard to explain so here are four videos:

In case the links don't work, should be able to see them from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...aGvBNPruynrEgL

In this one, it shows how using a DS4 should look like

In this one, it shows how the mouse on first cursor mode tries to return and stuff and just works really weirdly
            It then shows the second cursor mode which does a lot of snapping
            Finally, it shows how the mouse can't interact with any menus.

Connecting a Bluetooth mouse to my phone by itself allows me to interact with the menus and avoid snapping and weird movements. So by having my keyboard on my Windows use reWASD, and then connect my Bluetooth mouse separately, I can play the game pretty well and it works really nicely. It just doesn't allow for customization of the different mouse buttons and I can't use the scroll wheel to navigate my Hotbar like I can when using reWASD.

Here is with the keyboard on reWASD and the Bluetooth mouse separately. The movement feels really nice, and I can interact with menus and stuff, but again, no usage of additional mouse buttons.

no snapping, good movement

aiming, shooting, menu interaction

Anyways, immense thanks to both of you for helping out so far. If there's no way to connect the mouse as a mouse through reWASD, fine, it's been working great so far for my keyboard. If there is a way, or anyone has any suggestions, even better.

Comment

When you use the controller's stick, you deflect it longer than when you use a mouse. This is how the default mouse-to-stick works: it deflects the stick while your mouse is moving, but as I can see on your video, you do not move it constantly, that is why the cursor gets back to the center.

I think, you should try another mouse-to-stick mode: Non-spring mouse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ae64181154.png
Views:	352
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	226914

This way your mouse will be turned into a big stick, and you will be able to emulate the normal stick with it.

Comment

Working...
              X