Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confict with Virtual controller and Physical Ones (BT PS3 not working anymore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confict with Virtual controller and Physical Ones (BT PS3 not working anymore)

Hello to all !

I have one problem with my setup, here it is :

1 - One Official GameCube Controller Adapter (WUP-028) connected with the USB cable and 2 Gamecube Wavebird controllers connected on it.
    2 - 2 DS3 Controllers in Bluetooth

For example I start to play with the 2 Gamecube Wavebird controller.
    Then after I switch off GC controllers and disconnect (unplug) the official GameCube Controller Adapter.

Then I want to use my DS3 controllers, When Setting the re-mapping I have the followed message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-07 (1).png
Views:	332
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	226921

The fact is I have completely disconnect the GC Adapter and the message is displayed at each time I make some modification on my controllers …

And the worse thing is that my DS3 controllers are not detected by games at all ! And when I display overlay I push buttons I can see that it's working but not in my games.

The only way to get away of this message and make my controller work again normally is to restart my computer …

But it's very annoying, is there another way? Did you know why this message continue to appear even if there no physical controllers detected anymore ? ( and also in cade of, is there a way to kill & restart Rewasd totally without restart computer?)

Thanks for your help

Hi. First, make sure the "Hide physical controller when virtual one is created" checkbox is checked.
    Regarding the issue with your Dualshock 3 in games, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the full reWASD window with the config you are using. You also need to make sure that the input method you want is selected in the game. Usually we shouldn't have any issues with PS3 controllers, since we officially support them. Here you can see a list of officially supported devices. We look forward to your feedback.

Comment

Hi, I confirm that the checkbox "Hide physical controller when virtual one is created" is checked.
      I have made some more test today. I have mapped 2 GC Wavebirds and 1 DS on the same slot and played a bit. All controllers are working well. P1 & P2 were GC controller 1&2, and DS3 Controller is recognized as P3.

After that I have switched off the GC controllers and then unplug the USB Adapter. They gone from ReWasd and only DS3 remain. Then I want to play a PS1 Game on my PSX emulator. My input are not recognized. So I start PS3 emulator and check the Devices connected: I see that the DS3 controller is "assigned" to "device 4" like the picture above:

Name:	2021-08-08 (5).png
Views:	197
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	226931 And If I plug and start the 2 GC controller again: Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-08 (6).png
Views:	186
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	226930

So I think I have find the problem. if I start to play with GC controller first, it's assigned in "XInput Pad #1&2". And then I plug the DS3 controller and it's assign to the next XInput available (wonder why it's the 4 but it's fine)

The issue is with my PSX Emulator, I cannot choose the Devices assigned to P1. It take "XInput Pad #1" for P1 and "XInput Pad #2" for P2. And I cannot change that . (I confirm that the GC assign to "XInput Pad #1" is working well !)

So, is it possible to change and/or reset this "XInput order" without restarting the computer?

After restarting, I have no issue if I connect the DS3 controller first, It's legitimate also

Here are the reWASD window with the config I'm using:

- GC Controller 1&2 (same remap & Slot) :

Name:	2021-08-08.png
Views:	267
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	226928

DS3 Controller :

Name:	2021-08-08 (1).png
Views:	210
Size:	588.7 KB
ID:	226929

Regarding assigned Slots, my understanding was1 controller = 1 slot. (With DS3 controller the Slot 1 blink the 1 Led and so on) but It seems to work with all controllers in the same slots, is there something I need to know about using Slot correctly ?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello
        The order of the gamepads in the system is determined by the system itself, not by reWASD. Also, Slots in reWASD do not belong to the players in the game, and only serve to switch the config.
        The warning in the program window is just an introductory notice. Check the box so that it doesn't appear again.

Comment

Working...
        X