ARM Processor compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM Processor compatibility

Just bought reWASD and it's not installing on my Surface Pro X. I'm guessing it's because it has an ARM processor instead of x86. Any idea if ARM compatibility is on the backlog?

Hey there!

At the moment, we haven't tested ARM-based systems, but of course, are planning to make it work in the future. No ETA yet, but will be happy to keep you updated.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Happy to hear it's on the horizon, I'll keep an eye on release notes.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        Hey there!

At the moment, we haven't tested ARM-based systems, but of course, are planning to make it work in the future. No ETA yet, but will be happy to keep you updated.
        Hello, is there any progress on this case? It would be great to be able to install it on parallels on Mac m1 soon

Comment

reWASD software was built and designed for Windows-based systems only. Even in case the ARM architecture will be supported, we still do not guarantee our software from working perfectly on a virtual machine on a macOS devices. But we'll do our best to provide our users with the best user experience.

Thank you for the understanding.

Comment

Hello Korbuzz !

We do plan to release reWASD version for ARM, but it won't happen soon. Unfortunately, the release is scheduled for the next year for now.

Still, once it happens, we will ensure that it works with your setup on Parallels. At the moment, reWASD could be used on virtual machines, including the ones hosted on the physical Mac. The only issues may be connected with the devices, as for you will need to connect them to the virtual host, but once you set this part, everything should be working perfectly.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              Hello Korbuzz !

We do plan to release reWASD version for ARM, but it won't happen soon. Unfortunately, the release is scheduled for the next year for now.

Still, once it happens, we will ensure that it works with your setup on Parallels. At the moment, reWASD could be used on virtual machines, including the ones hosted on the physical Mac. The only issues may be connected with the devices, as for you will need to connect them to the virtual host, but once you set this part, everything should be working perfectly.
              Unfortunately when I try to install newest version of rewasd on windows 11 parallels machine, it won't even let me. All I get is the information that support for ARM processors will be there soon. Devices are not the problem. Machine reads dualsense controller without any problem

Comment

Yes, this is what we stated at, since ARM is not yet supported

Comment

Working...
                X