Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Key Press

Hi,
    is there anyway to send key press programatically to reWASD?

I have python code that would send keyboard key presses and then I have these presses mapped on reWASD for controller presses.

However, sending these key presses - reWASD does not recognize them. Currently I'm using https://github.com/boppreh/keyboard to send inputs

PS. I know under use-cases there is info on how to do recoil control etc, but my use-case is not that.

Hello!

At the moment, reWASD works with physical keyboards and mice only, that is why there is no way to send the programmable input to reWASD and remap it with our app.

Could you please describe your final use case? Why do you need to use the virtual input? In reWASD, you could create different types of combos, so maybe you could try to send the ready-to-use sequence from reWASD itself?

Comment

I'm trying to code an twitch plugin that would interfere my controller inputs or scramble them or send random inputs to mess my runs.

But it seems that I can't send any info to reWASD. I saw that there was an cmd option, but it as well won't allow any key sending.
      The biggest issue here is that I want an sequence to activate when I don't press anything. Would be pretty easy to fight against the scramble if I 1st need to activate by pressing some pre-defined button. Also I should then create those sequenses in reWASD, they aren't totally random anymore at that point.

Comment

Originally Posted by anent_401 View Post
        I'm trying to code an twitch plugin that would interfere my controller inputs or scramble them or send random inputs to mess my runs.

But it seems that I can't send any info to reWASD. I saw that there was an cmd option, but it as well won't allow any key sending.
        The biggest issue here is that I want an sequence to activate when I don't press anything. Would be pretty easy to fight against the scramble if I 1st need to activate by pressing some pre-defined button. Also I should then create those sequenses in reWASD, they aren't totally random anymore at that point.
        Hi, unfortunately, reWASD cannot work with the virtual input right now. But if it will be implemented - we will let you know.
        Keep for updates!

Comment

Working...
        X