How to rollback to previous version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rollback to previous version?

Version 5.8.0 messed up something with my mouse (additional mouse buttons) assignments.

I have a PS3 Nav + Mouse that have been working flawlessly for months. Tonight, just after 5.8.0 install I started noticing that (randomly) mouse buttons that were previously working 100% of the time were now a hit or miss. Particularly the ones assigned in the additional mouse buttons section below.

Thinking I got a defective mouse, I tried updating to 5.8.0 in my other PC and experienced the exact same problem!!! 5.8.0 messed up something!!! please, tell me how to roll back. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bad.png
Views:	974
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	227079

Hello!

We have just re-checked this functionality with our available devices, and nothing seems to be wrong. Could you please try a few things for me?

1. Let's make a fresh restart of the reWASD following the steps below (your configs are safe with this procedure):
    1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
    2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
    3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
    4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again

2. Please check the native software of your mouse. Ensure that you have remapped the additional mouse buttons with on-board memory turned on.

You can download the older versions from your personal account, but it seems that the issue is not connected to this update, at least it would be great if we check other possible reasons.

Comment

I will start troubleshooting and following your steps shortly with the current account (before reverting back).

The relevant info you need is as follows:

G502 Mouse (Wireless) using on-board settings (G Hub Installed) and never ever had a problem with this
      Test game is Battlefield 4
      The ESC key is assigned to the MOUSE Battery button (in G-Hub)

In Rewasd the assigments for my PS3 Nav work perfect. It seems this is ONLY affecting mouse buttons responsiveness.

In Rewasd (in the aditional mouse buttons section) I have mapped the ESC key as follows (you can see the image in my orginal post to check)
      Single Click: ESC
      Double Click: M
      Hold: Tab

I noticed the following: If I only leave the ESC key mapped, responsiveness speed is increased. This is almost imperceptible, but I'm sensitive to small latency variations. ESC will work 100% of the time. It is when I add the Double Click and Hold assignments that you start noticing that now the ESC key have a 'very slight' delay in responsiveness and also 10-15% of the time it will NOT work, you will have to press the key again in order for it to work.

Now I will try YOUR steps and report back

Comment

Thank you for the details!

When you add activators, the single press also works a bit differently. In order to understand whether this is a Single or Long press, reWASD waits Long_press_time (could be changed in Preferences -> Press Time tab), and if the button is still held, then the Long Press action is emulated. If the button was released earlier, then you get Single Press. So, in order to get the fastest Single Press, you need to release the button quickly (make a tap), and it will work as usual.

The same thing is about Double Press (which waits for the second tap).

Getting a delay here is pretty normal, and this is the behavior reWASD had previously too.
        If with this setup, sometimes the mappings are not registered, it may be a chance that the game is not fast enough to detect the press. It may be a chance that you need to replace the ordinary mappings with the combo that has a longer duration of the press. Still, nothing has changed in this part of the application too.

I hope a fresh restart may help, so will be waiting for your reports.

Comment

I reverted back and have the exact same behavior, so it is possible I did not test enough in 5.7 to notice this. One way to solve the problem is to leave that particular key without activators and it will solve the problem.

In Warzone for example, I have activators for some sensitive mouse actions (like Reload) and in two years I have NEVER experienced a problem. I just installed Battlefield 4 (which is 8 years old) and noticed the problem, so, It might be something specific to Battlefield.

Its just odd that this problem with activators and game recognizing key presses will happen in Battlefield 4 but not in Warzone. It is as if Warzone is constantly listening to keypresses but BF4 sometimes fails to recognize it.

In any case. appreciate your help!! I will upgrade back to 5.8!

Comment

No problem, glad to know that it is solved now.

You could try change the ordinary mapping to the combo (set 20-30 ms of Delay between keys) for this game, it should help.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              No problem, glad to know that it is solved now.

You could try change the ordinary mapping to the combo (set 20-30 ms of Delay between keys) for this game, it should help.
              Excellent tip! a Combo with 30ms pause between press/depress makes wonders. This should be an adjustable feature in the advanced section of rewasd. "Delay between press/depress"

Click image for larger version

Name:	tip.png
Views:	877
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	227116

Comment

We are glad it works now!

Comment

This should be an adjustable feature in the advanced section of rewasd. "Delay between press/depress"
                  We will think what is possible to do here. Thank you for the suggestion. Glad to know that it works now.

Comment

Working...
                  X