Left paddle map has dissapeared after I have updated rewasd to 5.8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left paddle map has dissapeared after I have updated rewasd to 5.8.0

I´ve updated from an old version to 5.8.0 and in all my games profiles, left paddle map has dissapeared.
    I attached two examples. Before update that left paddle was mapped always to B button
    Attached Files

If you do this mapping again, will it work as before? This is probably a random bug that does not affect the performance of configurations or the application as a whole.

Comment

Yes it work as before, but sinceraly, I´ve rolled back to 5.1.0.1302. This issue and the other about how the size window from rewasd change after I close the game makes think I prefer at the moment stay in that old version where I have no any issue.

Comment

You can try updating to the latest version again and if the mapping disappears again, try clearing the data. To do this, Go to the Preferences → General Tab → Clear data button. Confirm the action and check if your config is fixed.
        For our part, we will also check this issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by turina3 View Post
          Yes it work as before, but sinceraly, I´ve rolled back to 5.1.0.1302. This issue and the other about how the size window from rewasd change after I close the game makes think I prefer at the moment stay in that old version where I have no any issue.
          Could you please let me know which version you used previously? We need to understand which scheme changes could lead to this issue. Was it 5.1 too?
          Or please share the config with this issue please, any one.

Comment

Yes, I had 5.1.0.1302 version and from this one I updated to 5.8.0

I use Windows 10 Pro 21H1 compilation 19043.1165

I attached 3 config from 3 differents games. I use to map left up paddler to B button

With version 5.1.0.1302 all works fine with windows 10
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for providing the configs.
              Yes, indeed, when upgrading from version 5.1.0 to the latest version 5.8.0, this strange behavior is observed (this particular mapping disappears)
              We will try to figure it out.
              Thanks again for your cooperation.

Comment

Thanks for answering so soon!

Comment

Hey there!

We have checked what happens here, and it is a normal behavior actually

Previously, we remapped paddles of Xbox Elite controller to XYBA, just like the native app does. But after the feedback, we understood that the default behavior is not the thing that our customers need and want (well, people install reWASD to be able to change the default behavior). That is why the newer versions of our app do not add default mappings to the paddles. In your configs, there is no mapping on that paddle. Basically, it worked as B because you haven't added any mapping to this button. And in the latest version, it is just left as is. Please add B to your configs, and it will be working as you wish in any reWASD version.

Comment

Thanks, I think at the moment I will stay in the old version. I not always map left up paddle to B button.

Comment

Working...
                    X