Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'F' key

Hello!

I am having an issue where using an Xinput device, it seems to be permanatly pressing down the 'F' key, meaning that I am unable to map any buttons as it constantally remaps it to 'F'. It also deactivates the 'left click' of my native laptop touchpad, meaning that I can't click anything using the touchpad. The only way to stop this is to CTRL+ALT+DEL to have to manually close the software. It happens everytime unfortunately making the software unusable. This happens whenever an Xinput is plugged in to the PC via USB.
    Any help is massively appreciated! Thank you!

J

Hello!

I will need a bit more details to help you.

1. Which exact device do you have? Does reWASD detect it as Xbox 360 controller?
    2. It seems that you have applied some config that fails. Could you please send me the one you are using? The easiest way to find it is to choose Open file location option from the context menu of the config's name at the top left:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7b1e827544.png
Views:	305
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	227128

Comment

Hello!

I am using a Guitar Hero 2 Guitar plugged in via USB which Rewasd is recognising as an Xbox 360 controller. I've attached a picture of the file explorer.

Many Thanks!

J
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, got it, yep, this device should work as Xbox 360, according to the reports from our customers (haven't had a chance to test it by ourselves).

Could you please send me the file you have in the folder you have opened on your screenshot? I should check it from our side to be sure what happens there.

Comment

Okay nice one thank you! I've attached both files that are in the screenshot

Many Thanks!

J
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

In the Config 1 file, there are two mappings with F key: it is mapped to the X button and the stick click. If you apply this config and press stick click or X, you will get F key pressed.

I assume, you should remove this config and do not use it at all.

The second config turns the controller to the virtual Xbox 360 (however, this is the one you already have). What exactly do you want to do with reWASD? Then I could help you with creating a config that suits and doesn't execute the mappings you do not need.

It also deactivates the 'left click' of my native laptop touchpad, meaning that I can't click anything using the touchpad.
            It may happen because reWASD creates a virtual mouse and keyboard to emulate mappings. You could either remove the Virtual Input Device or check Touchpad settings in Windows Settings (you need to find an option to make Touchpad available even if the physical mouse is connected).

Comment

Hello!

Okay brilliant thank you! Ahhh okay I see!

Oh nice thank you! I am considering using Rewasd to create a custom controller that exists of 3 xinputs and joycons to build the ultimate controller! I am still deciding whether to do this via Rewasd and keyboard mappings; or Touch Desinger via OSC.
              I intend to use a GH controller and 2 adaptive controllers and a pair of joycons. Ideally / if possible, I'd like to be able to have 4 different pre mapped variants of each controller, and be able to change between these so that at the press of a button, all the mappings immediately change to a different mapping. This way I can assign keyboard mappings into a software, and then change the function of the controller by changing to ' Guitar Hero controller 2,3 or 4' .

Is it possible to use the virtual keyboard to map buttons to? So I don't have to sacrifice a key on my irl keyboard? I am currently using the f13 - f24 keys on Rewasd so that I can keep all of my physical keyboard slots unassigned?

I'm also hoping to have the 'RT' button on the Xinput cycle through extremely quickly rather than a simple on / off command.
              Ideally the joycons would have gyro if possible but I am unsure whether that is supported at this time.

This controller will definitely evolve furthur as I learn the software better but this is the basic outline of what I'm hoping to use ReWasd for!

Thank you for all the help!

J

Comment

As for your three xinputs and joycons: you can create a device group in reWASD where you can put up to 4 devices to make them all work together as one virtual gamepad. This is about controllers.

Regarding the virtual keyboard remap: you can remap any keyboard which Windows see as a standard USB/ or PS/2 keyboard. There should be no issues with this if it is initialized in reWASD, but we have not personally tested this.
                The keyboard does not need to be placed in a device group if the virtual keyboard will be remapped to keyboard mappings.

Please watch this video to understand the basics of the reWASD interface and its main functions.

Comment

Working...
                X