Vibration Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration Problems

Hello, since last update, I am being testing the new reassign vibration motors but my devices keep disconecting when strong vibration happens, I post here my logs hoping you can help me, thanks
    Attached Files

Hey there!
    Thank you for providing the logs.
    Their analysis will take some time, but hopefully we will find the cause and a solution to your issue.

Comment

Hey there!

Thank you for the logs. According to what we see, you have an Xbox controller that is connected via USB. Once you send the high vibration to it, the USB cable shutters and seems to be disconnecting by itself. I am afraid the only thing here is to use the lower values for the emulated vibration.

Still, there is one more Bluetooth device that appears in the log, so maybe we didn't see the whole picture? Please let me know which physical device(s) you use, which config you have and which game you play if we didn't get it right.

Comment

It is a group of 4 devices, an xbox elite 2 via usb oficial wireless adapter, a dualshock 4 via bluetooth, and 2 regular xbox controllers via usb, this two have disconecting issues, other 2 devices are not affected, the game played is Red Dead Redemption 2, in the meantime I will try with a better cable, I appreciate any more tips, thanks.

Comment

No problem. Please let us know how it goes.

Comment

Crashes still happening, the only way they don't crash is like in the pictures, I can use them like this, but if it's possible, if you can find the problem, I want them to rumble with all the motors all the way, the more they vibrate the better so I share a new set of logs so you can help me, thanks.

Note: The problem is something with the section dedicated to trigger motors, that's all I could figure.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cWV...ew?usp=sharing
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the information you provided.
              We will see with the team what can be done.

Comment

The log seems to be pretty close to the previous one. It seems that the gamepad can't handle such vibration. Have you tried another cable?

Also, does the same issue happen when you use only one controller instead of the group?

Comment

It's working!!

1. I deleted the group and make a new one using only one of the regular xbox controllers via usb cable as always (same cable, other 3 controllers off), I created a new profile called Default setting all buttons to virtual xbox one, started Red Dead Redemption 2 and the vibrations tests, the result: Control was detected as a dualshock and an xbox one at the same time making weird moves such as firing weapons with not corresponding buttons and/or a lot later than the pressed button, then I exited the game and restarted windows. (This behaviour may be a bug that's why I mention it, but bug or not, what the hell was that? can you tell me? ) Logs labeled 17-42-49 corresponding to this first event.

2. With the same regular xbox controller alone I did the vibrations tests again, all motors checked... passed without disconnections. Then added the second regular xbox controller to the group, checked all motors in both controllers, vibration tests again... passed without issues. Now added dualshock 4 o the group, all motors checked, vibrations tests...passed, now added my xbox elite 2, all motors checked, tests were all good. Logs labeled 18-37-09 correspond to this second set of events.

3. Redid the original group, xbox elite 2 + dualshock 4 + regular xbox + 2nd regular xbox used my recently created default profile, checked all the motors on all controllers... all tests were ok. Then I changed to my Rdr2 profile, checked all motors on all controllers and all tests were ok. Logs labeled 18-51-57 correspond to this set of events.

Conclusions, deletion and recreation of the group of devices did the trick? It seems so, but you are the experts. Group was created on version before of 5.8.0 so maybe something were missing on the update?

Well hope my case aids in making rewasd better and of course want to know if posible what happen please.

Thank you guys.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Speak too soon I'm afraid disconnects stil happening, less often but still

Comment

Control was detected as a dualshock and an xbox one at the same time making weird moves such as firing weapons with not corresponding buttons and/or a lot later than the pressed button, then I exited the game and restarted windows.
                      We will need to see the config you have to understand what happens here.

disconnects stil happening, less often but still
                      I assume it is not related to the grouping or something else. The gamepad just can't handle the continuous vibration. We could try to check the same case on our devices, but I will need your config and again: the list of devices in a group to re-create the same conditions.

Comment

I think the conflict has to do with the vibration triggered by my combo set to the left stick press(on shift) it vibrates every 8 seconds continuosly, then when the game triggers a strong vibration it causes the problem, I will remove the vibration set to the left stick and will try and see what happens. The config is in attachments.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post
                          I think the conflict has to do with the vibration triggered by my combo set to the left stick press(on shift) it vibrates every 8 seconds continuosly, then when the game triggers a strong vibration it causes the problem, I will remove the vibration set to the left stick and will try and see what happens. The config is in attachments.
                          No, that extra vibration was not the issue

Comment

We will try to reproduce the same conditions from our side. Thanks for sharing.

Could you please also try to check whether the same happens when you send the test vibration from https://gamepad-tester.com/ ?
                            So, you should apply your config for 4 devices and then try to press Test (for the virtual gamepad) to see how it goes.

UPD: We have checked similar setup, and there is nothing wrong with it. I assume our first idea about the cable was correct, and there is nothing we could do here

Comment

Well, maybe my 10 meters powered usb cable, a usb hub attached to it and there, the 2 xbox controllers with the issue plugged in, is the problem, I will try connecting them directly to the PC and to an individual usb port each. Also I will try the game pad tester, Sorry I didn't consider it before.

Comment

Working...
                              X