reWASD not opening after install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD not opening after install

I do not have any of the GPU apps loaded from the Support guide. I have disabled antivirus (Kaspersky) before installation. The app opens fine on an identical computer, but not this one. I've gotten tired of un-reinstalling this app. What else is there to do?

Hey there!

Please check for errors in Event Viewer
    1. Press Windows button, type 'Event Viewer', press Enter
    2. Choose Windows Logs in the upper left corner, then choose Application
    3. Check out the panel on the right side: there's a Find option. Click it, and type 'reWASD' to search for related errors
    Once you find one or multiple events, please right-click them, and choose 'Save selected events...', and send them to us.

Comment

Forum does not allow evtx and xml files for attachment, so here's txt.
      Attached Files

Comment

I find it frustrating since it works on my other computer with Kaspersky and MSI Afterburner with no issues.

This computer I removed MSI Afterburner, killed Kaspersky, even ran the install as Administrator, and I still cannot get it to work.

Comment

There is a thought that this issue is related to the wrong installation of the .NET Framework.

For reWASD to work properly, you must have the .NET Framework version 3.5 and 4.7.2 at least installed on your PC.
          Try following this guide to solve the issue.

Comment

It has all the same .NET versions as the computer that it works on.

Comment

Originally Posted by LeeFried View Post
              It has all the same .NET versions as the computer that it works on.
              You say that the PCs are identical, yet everything works fine on one and not the other.
              Have you tried following the guide?

Comment

Here are a couple more useful links that may help with your issue.

Also, this method sometimes helps users:

Sometimes a color profile assigned to your display(s) can be corrupted and cause .NET to crash and stop anything from working. Please try temporarily changing the Device profile and Viewing conditions profile options to use System default from the dropdown list in Color Management → Advanced → Windows Color System Defaults and try launching reWASD again.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	d1d995da9f.png Views:	0 Size:	29.4 KB ID:	227467

If neither method solves the problem, I recommend a clean reinstallation of Windows OS.

Comment

I got pulled away before doing the .NET repair tool. I will try color system defaults as well. Fresh OS install is out of the question, no app should ever require that.

Comment

This is not our requirement. The issue you are facing with is related to your system's health. If nothing will help you with the kernelbase.dll failure, the Windows reinstallation or contacting the local PC repair service is recommended.

Still, try checking it after these steps:
                    1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
                    2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
                    3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
                    4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again

If the same issue appears after steps are done, please send us the up-to-date event logs.

Comment

Everything else on this system works perfectly. I have performed everything listed here (except OS reinstall), and then some, yet this is the only program on this computer that returns this error.

At this point, I will be requesting a refund on my order. I can't even open the application to activate the serial number.

Comment

Originally Posted by LeeFried View Post
                        Everything else on this system works perfectly. I have performed everything listed here (except OS reinstall), and then some, yet this is the only program on this computer that returns this error.

At this point, I will be requesting a refund on my order. I can't even open the application to activate the serial number.
                        If you did follow all the steps we advised you earlier, try running the application again and send us a fresh error from Even Viewer.
                        We would also like to ask you to send us the *.binv2 files from the directory C:\ProgramDataDisc-Soft\reWASD.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

It's been uninstalled. I've spent more time on this than I should have.

Comment

Hello! We have sent your refund request to our financial department.

Please clarify whether you deleted the bin files? We will try to deal with this problem so that it does not arise in the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
                              Hello! We have sent your refund request to our financial department.

Please clarify whether you deleted the bin files? We will try to deal with this problem so that it does not arise in the future.
                              I removed every record of "rewasd" and "disc-soft" from the computer, including drivers and registry entries.

Comment

Working...
                              X