Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Stick>Advanced>Use 8 digital directions: Can we set on/off by slot#?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Stick>Advanced>Use 8 digital directions: Can we set on/off by slot#?

Hi,
    When I change the slot#, the 8 digital directions stays the same ... as the last time it was set.
    Is it possible to make it different per slot# or do I have to use a different Config file?

thank you.

Hello.

Usually, slots are used just to switch between different configurations with a customizable shortcut that includes 1 2 or 3 unique buttons.
    So, if you create a config identical to yours, but with [Use 8 digital directions] turned off (changed) and apply these 2 configs to different slots, you will get the expected result when switching.
    You can find information about how the Slots feature works in this article.

That said, there is a simpler solution for you. This is Shift Mode.
    You just need to make changes to the [Use 8 digital directions] parameter in one of the Shift layers of your config and assign a Shift-modifier button to switch to this layer. All information about how Shift Mode works is here.

Comment

Thank you.
      The Shift mode works correctly.
      Except I was looking for a shortcut similar to the slot to swap between them.

I cannot get the Slot to work. After I applied my modification(s) the same mapping is available under all 4 Slots.

This is how I do it:
      1- I select Slot 1 then press apply, I see a message that slot 1 is active
      2- I select the 8 directions on the right stick.
      3- Click Back then Apply.
      4- Select slot 2 and click Apply, I see the message that slot 2 is now activated,
      5- When I return to the 8 directions it's already applied.
      6- If I remove the checkbox, click back, then Apply
      7- and return to slot 1 then APply
      8- The checkbox for 8 direction is not checked.

Note: I tried mapping the Y button and got the same behevior.
      Note2: I'm using a Nintendo switch Pro controler emulated as a virtual XBOX 360.

Comment

The point is that you edited the same config and then applied it to different slots.
        The result is that you have the same config in all slots.

That's why I suggested you Shift mode.

In order to get the most out of your slots, you need to apply different configurations to different slots.

Comment

OK, I get it now.
          Thank you.

Comment

Great! We're always happy to help

Comment

Working...
            X