G-Shift Key G502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Shift Key G502

The G-Shift key on a G502 lets you set a secondary key for every button on the mouse. I would like to be able to use that key across devices. I’m using a Sony Navigation controller with the mouse. Is there some way to accomplish this?

I am pretty sure it can be remapped as any additional programmable key.
    Pay your attention that sometimes Logitech uses the virtual device for making the programmable buttons' output.
    Devices are being detected as Logitech Virtual Device. Please use detection mode to check from which device output comes from and add the detected device into the group of devices with your actual mouse.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      I am pretty sure it can be remapped as any additional programmable key.
      Pay your attention that sometimes Logitech uses the virtual device for making the programmable buttons' output.
      Devices are being detected as Logitech Virtual Device. Please use detection mode to check from which device output comes from and add the detected device into the group of devices with your actual mouse.

Yeah, I have the device detected and added to my group, but REWASD does not detect the G-Shift key. It also doesn’t detect all the buttons on the G502, it’s just a generic layout from the a mouse with virtually no buttons.

Comment

Just adding the virtual device to the group is not enough. You will also need to add another mouse sub-config (the [+] key right after [Gamepad], [Mouse] and [Keyboard] sub-configs), which will be used for the second mouse device in the group. Also take note, that virtual device will send only G-Hub remapped inputs, while standard ones will be sent by the actual mouse.

But I'd suggest switching your mouse to onboard-memory mode, with all non-standard buttons remapped to keyboard keys. That way you won't need to add virtual mouse to the group and even use G Hub at all. That is, of course, if your mouse has the onboard memory mode.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Just adding the virtual device to the group is not enough. You will also need to add another mouse sub-config (the [+] key right after [Gamepad], [Mouse] and [Keyboard] sub-configs), which will be used for the second mouse device in the group. Also take note, that virtual device will send only G-Hub remapped inputs, while standard ones will be sent by the actual mouse.

But I'd suggest switching your mouse to onboard-memory mode, with all non-standard buttons remapped to keyboard keys. That way you won't need to add virtual mouse to the group and even use G Hub at all. That is, of course, if your mouse has the onboard memory mode.
          Ok, thank you 😊 I’ll give this a go.

Comment

Working...
          X