Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help disabling natural controller detection for New World

Hello all,

Long story short, I use a Microsoft Adaptive gamepad and an Elite Xbox controller with rewasd. It works wonders to remap those gamepads into mouse and keyboard inputs since they cannot natively.

I just started playing New World and I am using some foot pedals with my Adaptive controller. One of them is plugged into the Left Trigger slot. I wanted to remap this to F on the keyboard (fires 3rd ability in New World). Unfortunately, Steam and/or New World are recognizing my controller and causing it to fire Left Trigger as the Right Mouse Button. So when I go to use the ability, it just causes me to draw/aim my bow! I have tried "hiding" my xbox controllers from within Steam, but that does not seem to fix the issue.

The whole ordeal is rather confusing as I seem to be able to use my Elite controller D-pad for wasd without it trying to fire off all the default mappings in the game there (weapon swapping and something else). So, I don't know if New World itself has some code in it forcing left trigger into right mouse button or not.

When I use my setup with Escape From Tarkov, it works perfectly. EFT is not a Steam game and does not have controller support, however (but that DOES at least rule out any issue within rewasd itself, I think).

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Do I need to edit some New World game files to erase button mappings possibly?

Any help is appreciated. I'll check back into this thread in several hours.

Thanks

Hi.
    Judging by the behavior you described, you don't have Unmaps active on your controller mappings.
    I recommend activating Unmaps to disable the native gamepad button behavior.

Also, you wrote about trying to hide your devices from Steam. Make sure you completely disable Steam controller support for your controllers in "Big Picture" mode.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hi.
      Judging by the behavior you described, you don't have Unmaps active on your controller mappings.

Also, you wrote about trying to hide your devices from Steam. Make sure you completely disable Steam controller support for your controllers in "Big Picture" mode.
      Thank you for the tips, I will try out the "unmaps" feature.

In looking at "Big Picture" mode in steam, I don't see anywhere on there to disable controller support. Also, "Big Picture Configuration" doesn't seem to recognize me even having a controller at all if I have them "hidden" in the "general controller settings" already. Am I missing something there?

Comment

Steam controller support is being disabled by entering the Steam Settings - controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
          Hi.

Wow. The "unmaps" feature seems to have worked almost magically lol. I can't believe it was that simple. I assumed that button was to unmap what you had done in rewasd, not everything else the controller might have auto mapped. Thanks a ton!

Comment

We are glad it works now.

Comment

I have an odd follow-up question. I'm trying out the Lost Ark beta. The game recognized that I was using a controller because I did not use the "unmaps" feature before using my dpad for some abilities, so now all hotkey tooltips in the game display the hotkey combos for a controller instead of for the keyboard/mouse. Does anyone know how to get these hotkey tooltips to switch back to keyboard/mouse tooltips, and how to prevent them from going over to controller hotkey tooltips in the future? It's going to be very tedious if I have to open the game menu to look up hotkeys for everything (plus, I don't think all the little inventory shortcuts will even be in there!).

Comment

Hello!
                To prevent the game from switching to input from the controller, you need to use Unmap and assign keyboard buttons.
                Change the config and restart the game. Try to also select the keyboard input method in the game control settings.

Comment

Working...
                X