Starting to Hate Everything About This Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to Hate Everything About This Program

Was using Xpadder but something happened when reinstalling the program and was not able to get it working again. Loved Xpadder and made playing Guild Wars 2 fun. Found this program and loved how easy it was to download profiles and set up controllers the way I want them. As of lately I absolutely hate everything about this program. Crashes a lot, can't type in Discord or Twitch chat without pulling up a help website in Microsoft Edge, seems to lose connection with the controller, etc. I have to literally turn off remap, type in Discord or Twitch, and then turn on remap so no help websites show up. Hitting the Windows key opens the help website also. Sometimes I wanna change around keybindings and program will not let me. Other times it wants me to save a profile I never edited. No idea why this program is behaving this way. I believe everything is up-to-date with reWASD 5.8.1. I do have an Xbox controller connected. There is a controller icon above it with a question mark but nothing is connected and not sure if that is normal. Program showing 4 keyboard/mouse icons and 1 separate icon each for keyboard and mouse. Seems to lag game out when it crashes or I can't activate mouse to leave game and look at the program.

I don't know. Just seems frustrating that I am not able to just type something or look something up on the internet without the program opening random websites in a different browser constantly. I have done a fresh install I believe but still having same issues. Any help or advice is appreciated. I have looked at other controller programs but not really sure if they are as good as this one or Xpadder is. Thanks in advance!

>Crashes a lot
    I suggest checking integrity of your system, as reWASD works fine on stable updated systems like Windows 7 SP1 and above, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, Windows 11 (build 22000.194) with .NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher installed, and does not crash on hardware that is in good condition.

>can't type in Discord or Twitch chat without pulling up a help website in Microsoft Edge
    I assume you have something remapped to [F1] key and you are not using shifts or slots to switch into "normal mode" that is not affected by remapping. I suggest to check out this article on how to set up a key that would "disable/enable" remap. For [Shift] variant with keyboard, do the same: set all mappings to [Do not inherit] on that [Shift].

>seems to lose connection with the controller
    This is most likely a hardware issue. reWASD "loses connection" only when it is lost physically. Check your cable, USB ports or Bluetooth adapter for wear or damage.

>Hitting the Windows key opens the help website also.
    Make sure that [LWin] key is not remapped to [F1] key and have an [Unmap] flag enabled for it. [F1] key in Microsoft apps, and [Windows]+[F1] do open help pages with Edge browser. Those are the default Windows shortcuts, and it seems you are "pressing" them via remapping.

>Sometimes I wanna change around keybindings and program will not let me.
    Would like to have a more detailed description for this. Preferably with all the steps taken.

>Other times it wants me to save a profile I never edited.
    It is possible to accidentally change some mappings while reWASD window is in focus. Especially when [Hook controller buttons] option is enabled at [Preferences > General]. To avoid that we have added a [Read-Only mode] (the [Pencil] icon at the top left corner of the app).

>There is a controller icon above it with a question mark but nothing is connected and not sure if that is normal.
    Some devices have attributes of both mouse and keyboard, like laptops where keyboard and touchpad is the same device, or a gaming mouse with additional buttons that you can remap to keyboard keys. reWASD shows question marks for such devices so you would initialize them as either keyboard or a mouse.

>Program showing 4 keyboard/mouse icons and 1 separate icon each for keyboard and mouse.
    Note: reWASD detects all supported devices, even if they are virtual. Some software for gaming mouse and keyboards create those virtual devices for the purpose of "native" remapping.

Comment

Working...
    X