Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The program doesn't activate my license or detect my controller, keyboard, or mouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The program doesn't activate my license or detect my controller, keyboard, or mouse.

It seems like nothing works. I just bought the license with all of the features for reWASD but when I hit activate and put in my serial number and hit activate again nothing happens. and it doesn't detect any of my devices not even in detection mode.

There are few possible reasons for this kind of behavior.

Please try the following:
    1. Type "Services" into Windows Start Menu and check if [Game Controller Mapping Service] is running. If it's not - try to start the service manually.
    2. Check if your firewall or antivirus software blocks reWASD app or service (Game Controller Mapping Service) in any way. Add [reWASD.exe] and [reWASDService.exe] or a whole reWASD folder to the exclusions list if possible.
    3. Try re-installing reWASD with removal of profiles and settings. You can backup your profiles from here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\
    If none of that helps, provide a screenshot of reWASD window and contents of your [hosts] file. You can find it here: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (16).png
Views:	1322
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	227867

Comment

I assume you have default hosts file and there is an "Unverified License" in the title of reWASD window.

It seems that some kind of antivirus, firewall or security software you have is preventing normal work of our service. Please add all executables in reWASD installation folder to exceptions list of your antivirus, firewall or security software.
        If that would have no effect, uninstall reWASD (with option to remove settings and profiles), restart your PC, temporary disable your firewall/antivirus and install reWASD.

Comment

Working...
        X