Nioh 2 stopped detecting virtual controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nioh 2 stopped detecting virtual controller

Hi. I have been using ReWasd with a wired xbox 360 controller for the game Nioh 2. A very simple set up - I had one config where everything was a normal layout, another where the A and B buttons were swapped. I used the space bar to toggle bwetween them. This all worked absolutely fine for weeks.

Today, the game has suddenly stopped recognising the virtual controller. The physical controller works fine, but as soon as I enable rewasd all the buttons stop being detected by the game. I have changed absolutely nothing between yesterday, when it worked fine, and today when it does not.

I always start rewasd before the game. I have 'hide physical controller ticked' . I've tried unticking 'hook controller buttons'. The virtual controller is detected fine in windows. I have tried restarting everything. I have not plugged anything new into the PC.

But all of that should be irrelevant anyway because, whatever the settings are, it was all working correctly for 100 hours of gameplay for weeks. I'm tearing my hair out. Why would it just suddenly stop working when literally nothing has changed between one day and the next? As of the today the game just refused to acknowledge the rewasd controller. Any ideas please?

Something have changed. Maybe the game, maybe the system (updates?). But the thing we would suggest are still the same:
    1. make sure you are remapping correct device with [Device detection];
    2. check that our virtual controller is the only one and working properly once config is applied (use [joy.cpl] for list of available controllers and [Gamepad Tester] to check);
    3. try using another virtual controller (Xbox One or DualShock4);
    4. try full_uninstall-reboot-install-reboot routine for reWASD.
    Given your description of the config you might not need a virtual controller at all. If you have [Advanced mapping] feature, you can use [Gamepad mapping] for swapping [A] and [B] keys on your controller: make new config, switch to [Shift#1], set [Space] as shift modifier in [Toggle] mode, map [A] to [B] and [B] to [A] via [Gamepad mapping].

Comment

It actually just started working again overnight, despite me having changed nothing, so I still have no idea why it happened but it's working for now. To confuse matters further, the overlay started working in-game at the same time, which has never worked before. So.. yea. Hopefully I'll finish the game before it happens again. Thank you for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally Posted by narrala View Post
        It actually just started working again overnight, despite me having changed nothing, so I still have no idea why it happened but it's working for now. To confuse matters further, the overlay started working in-game at the same time, which has never worked before. So.. yea. Hopefully I'll finish the game before it happens again. Thank you for the suggestions.
        Great news! Anyway, if any difficulties arise, we are here to help.

Comment

Working...
        X