Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Series X controller connected by Bluetooth not detected

Hi!

I have an Xbox Series X controller and as I wrote in the title when it is connected by bluetooth rewasd deosn't detect it, neither automatically nor manually using the "detect devices" button in the software. In spite of rewasd doesn't detect the controller, it works correctly in game without problem. If I connect the controller by USB cable everything works fine and, in this case, rewasd detects it as an Xbox One X controller. The controller is regularly listed in the Xbox Accesories app and in the Windows 10 Bluetooth settings. I have read the rewasd help and looked for solutions here in nthe forum but I didn't find anything useful for my situation. The software is updated to the last version. I ask you if you can give me any suggestion to solve the problem so that rewasd can detect the controller when conneceted by bluetooth. Thank you in advance.

Hello! We officially support the Xbox Series X controller. Do you have a controller from Microsoft or another manufacturer?

Also, please make sure you have the latest firmware installed. It can be done via the Xbox accessories app.

Comment

The controller is from Microsoft, for sure, is the model of Series X/S. The Xbox accesories app detects the gamepad as Xbox wireless controller with the corrsponding image of the Series X controller and when I click the options button it says "no updates availbale". So I really don't understand.

Comment

As for your case, we'd like you to collect logs of this device connection. Here is how:

1. Unplug all physical controllers. (If you only have one controller, go to Bluetooth Devices in Windows settings and remove your controller from the list)

2. Open reWASD as Administrator.

3. Open 'Preferences > General' and click 'StartLog' button.

4. Connect only the device in question (pair it again) and wait a few seconds.

5. Open 'Preferences > General' again and click 'StopLog' button.

Send us an archive to investigate logs.

Comment

Here it isthe log file. 5.8.1.4666.19.10.2021_11-22-47.zip

Comment

Hello!
            Could you check one more point for us?

1. Run Registry Editor as administrator (type regedit in the Windows search bar to find the editor)
            2. In Registry Editor, go to the following path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\mshidumdf
            3. Pay attention to the Start key (screenshot). If the value is different from "3" then edit the key and enter 3.
            4. Save changes and restart your PC
            5. Try to turn on the controller by pressing any button and check if it appears in reWASD

Comment

Hello! Thank you for your answer. I tried to do what you suggest in the registry editor but the value of the Start key was already "3". To be sure, I attached my screenshot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Got it, thank you for the clarification.

We may need more logs, as for we do not understand why it may happen at the moment. Here are the steps:

1. Download this archive: http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1623685847/618/
                2. Extract the files you will see there
                3. Run startboot.bat file as Administrator
                4. Restart your PC
                5. Open reWASD to see that the controller is not detected
                6. Run stopboot.bat file as Administrator
                7. Go to C:\ and find rewasdboot.etl file there
                8. Send it to us for the investigation

Also, I would kindly ask you to take a screenshot of the Xbox Accessories app to see the firmware version you have, so we are 100% sure that it is the same we are using on our devices (here is it).

Comment

Here is one more thing: we have noticed that you have oem72.inf file in the registry, this one is not the common driver and seems to be using BT drivers too. Could you please find this file and send it to us for the investigation? It should be stored here: C:\Windows\INF

Maybe this one is the key, so we will be able to reproduce the issue from our side.

Comment

I attached all the files you requested. Thank you again for your assistance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the info!

So, it seems that particular driver (developed by datronicsoft and used for spacedesk virtual HID Device) boots first and prevents reWASD from detecting the devices connected via Bluetooth LE.

We are not sure why it may happen but at the moment, would be grateful if you remove this one, reboot and will try to connect your controller again. We think it will solve the issue. Also, we will investigate how to fix the compatibility issue with this driver in the future versions.

Comment

You are totally right! I uninstalled spacedesk and now rewasd detects the controller connected by bluetooth without problem. I don't use spacedesk anymore so, for me, the problem is solved. Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally Posted by Anto View Post
                          You are totally right! I uninstalled spacedesk and now rewasd detects the controller connected by bluetooth without problem. I don't use spacedesk anymore so, for me, the problem is solved. Thank you very much!
                          Great news! We're glad your issue was solved.

Comment

Working...
                          X