Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduino / Teensy etc. support

Hi,

I am using a microcontroller (teensy++) as a mouse / keyboard device with my PC.
    Is it possible to use this with REWASD somehow?
    When connected and I open the software it says device not support.

Is there perhaps some intermediary software I could use to emulate a mouse/kb which could then be used with REWASD?

Thanks

Hello!
    reWASD recognizes controllers from the list of supported ones and some clones that emulate Xbox 360. Emulated keyboards and mouse are not supported. In this case, intermediary software will not help solve the problem.
    If you have the ability to use X-input mode on your device, then try enabling it. In this case, the device may be detected.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello!
      reWASD recognizes controllers from the list of supported ones and some clones that emulate Xbox 360. Emulated keyboards and mouse are not supported. In this case, intermediary software will not help solve the problem.
      If you have the ability to use X-input mode on your device, then try enabling it. In this case, the device may be detected.
      Okay thanks.
      So other than emulating an xinput device, no way to have a microcontroller recognized as a mouse or keyboard?
      Arduino has an xinput library but going emulated stick >> emulated mouse doesnt sound like it would work too nicely..

Comment

reWASD recognizes only a physical keyboard and mouse, so it won't work that way.

Comment

Hey Howron !

I have a few more questions as for it may be a chance that we do not understand each other.

1. Does your device appear in the system as keyboard and mouse and works in Windows?
          2. Could you please try Detection mode to see if there is any device in reWASD that responds when you use your controller? (reWASD may not detect a mouse if it is a virtual one, but there is no way that the mouse itself appears as not supported).
          3. I would be also grateful if you could show us the screenshot of reWASD main window, so we could check the devices that are detected. It is better to unplug the ones you do not use if there are many of them.

Comment

Hi,
            In the past I've gotten a Teensy 3.2 to work. I used an IMU connected to the Teensy to be able to take in gyro movement and translate to mouse movement. I did this so I could add gyro movement to the Microsoft Elite controller. Then by joining the Teensy and Elite controller within Rewasd software was able get gyro with extra paddles on the Elite controller.
            So it should work. I used the standard Teensyduino along with their keyboard/mouse library. If you set the USB Type to "Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" under the Tools menu in the Arduino IDE then you should be good.

Comment

Hello!
              Please clarify how this is recognized in reWASD in the end?

Comment

Working...
              X